2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your 20 or 21 Escape didn't come with crossbars and you needed them , , I am wondering how many have installed a pair and what you might have paid . In Canada here so in Canadian dollars , my ford dealer quoted well over $400. plus 12% tax and they would be plain black only . . I ordered a pair t from amazon .ca yesterday for $230.00 delivered to my door with zero taxes. Was also given a choice of color so I am getting silver to match my Escape.
In recent years amazon has been offering some things directly from China at greatly reduced prices. This is one of those cases. Delivery time is between April 9 and April 21. Any time I have ordered with that spread of delivery time it has always been much closer to the shortest time .. I fully expect this to arrive about April 10 and it is March 28 while posting this .
Strange world we are living in. Get parcel directly from China to our doorstep in such a short time .

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,362 Posts
If your 20 or 21 Escape didn't come with crossbars and you needed them , , I am wondering how many have installed a pair and what you might have paid . In Canada here so in Canadian dollars , my ford dealer quoted well over $400. plus 12% tax and they would be plain black only . . I ordered a pair t from amazon .ca yesterday for $230.00 delivered to my door with zero taxes. Was also given a choice of color so I am getting silver to match my Escape.
In recent years amazon has been offering some things directly from China at greatly reduced prices. This is one of those cases. Delivery time is between April 9 and April 21. Any time I have ordered with that spread of delivery time it has always been much closer to the shortest time .. I fully expect this to arrive about April 10 and it is March 28 while posting this .
Strange world we are living in. Get parcel directly from China to our doorstep in such a short time .
I moved your thread to the 4G Exterior and Interior sub forum. More suitable location than the general discussion sub forum

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved your thread to the 4G Exterior and Interior sub forum. More suitable location than the general discussion sub forum
Thanks and sorry for my second bad today . First two mistakes I ever made in my life . . .lol . . .I will try to be more careful and check forum headings before posting in the future.

·
Administrator
5,362 Posts
Thanks and sorry for my second bad today . First two mistakes I ever made in my life . . .lol . . .I will try to be more careful and check forum headings before posting in the future.
No worries. 😊

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't believe there are any crossbars compatible with the panoramic roof yet unfortunately.

·
Administrator
5,362 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The OP didn’t say he had a panoramic roof.
No panoramic roof on my SEL but the pictures in the link I supplied clearly shows them on an Escape with panoramic roof .

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
69 Posts
No panoramic roof on my SEL but the pictures in the link I supplied clearly shows them on an Escape with panoramic roof .
We‘ve had lots of discussions here about the panoramic roof and crossbars. I have a 2020 with the panoramic roof so I can’t put the crossbars on it, the manual says it’ll void the warranty if crossbars are installed and the dealer will not even sell them to me because of the possible damage they could cause to the panoramic roof.
That’s just a quick tour of the discussion, count your lucky stars that yours doesn’t have a panoramic roof seeing as you want the crossbars.

I would love to have crossbars on mine but I do really enjoy the panoramic roof, the crossbars for me are a desire not a needed requirement.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We‘ve had lots of discussions here about the panoramic roof and crossbars. I have a 2020 with the panoramic roof so I can’t put the crossbars on it, the manual says it’ll void the warranty if crossbars are installed and the dealer will not even sell them to me because of the possible damage they could cause to the panoramic roof.
That’s just a quick tour of the discussion, count your lucky stars that yours doesn’t have a panoramic roof seeing as you want the crossbars.

I would love to have crossbars on mine but I do really enjoy the panoramic roof, the crossbars for me are a desire not a needed requirement.
Sorry to hear they won't work on yours . I have only had one vehicle in my life with panoramic roof .Opened and closed it once to see if it worked and never had need to open it again thereafter.. Roof racks are very handy for if a person wants to go to the lumber store and get a few 2x4's or similar sticks of lumber or if wanting to transport something bulky that won't fit inside .I don't have a canoe anymore but the racks are great for something like that as well or bikes or kayaks. All within discretion because they are only rated at 165 pounds. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine because I have a few uses for them already and with amazon return policy they either work perfectly as expected or they go back on their dime for full refund .

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought the same crossbars as the HEKA off of ebay. They arrived to my USA address within a week. I paid $125 USD with tax. Appears to be shipped from USA. Not sure if they ship to Canada. Maybe you can find some that do.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the same crossbars as the HEKA off of ebay. They arrived to my USA address within a week. I paid $125 USD with tax. Appears to be shipped from USA. Not sure if they ship to Canada. Maybe you can find some that do.
That is one heck of a good price you got on those at eBay . Unfortunately I don't deal with ebay due to some horrible returns hassle in the past so amazon is my favorite online store with its 100% foolproof return policy. So I checked ebay anyway and the best I could come up delivered to me would be $154.00 in Canadian funds after dollar exchange difference and taxes when coming through customs .Yes things like this cost more in Canada than in the states.
I have no idea of the difference in quality between the ebay ones and the ones I am getting but the ebay ones are only black and mine will be silver color to match my car . Also , mine come with a key and are lockable but the ebay ones do not state that .. Mine are also adjustable in length so they can be set backward or forward to match the taper of the roof from front to back.
I hope yours are the locking type even though it doesn't state that they are .They could be so easily stolen if not .
Checking through the internet I see some even up over $600.00 .Sound ridiculous for a pair of crossbars. would imagine there has to be a certain amount of quality difference but likely , mostly because of brand name .
EDIT . . . I see yours do have adjustable length. . . Great. . that is a nice feature .

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is one heck of a good price you got on those at eBay . Unfortunately I don't deal with ebay due to some horrible returns hassle in the past so amazon is my favorite online store with its 100% foolproof return policy. So I checked ebay anyway and the best I could come up delivered to me would be $154.00 in Canadian funds after dollar exchange difference and taxes when coming through customs .Yes things like this cost more in Canada than in the states.
I have no idea of the difference in quality between the ebay ones and the ones I am getting but the ebay ones are only black and mine will be silver color to match my car . Also , mine come with a key and are lockable but the ebay ones do not state that .. Mine are also adjustable in length so they can be set backward or forward to match the taper of the roof from front to back.
I hope yours are the locking type even though it doesn't state that they are .They could be so easily stolen if not .
Checking through the internet I see some even up over $600.00 .Sound ridiculous for a pair of crossbars. would imagine there has to be a certain amount of quality difference but likely , mostly because of brand name .
I can understand the hesitancy with ebay. It is a bit of a crap shoot. The ones I received are adjustable and also have a lock and key. I did also see some in silver but I opted for the black ones to match my car too. The ones I received look just like the ones you link to on amazon, but in black. I think $230 CAD is a fair price to pay for those. Let us know how they work out!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can understand the hesitancy with ebay. It is a bit of a crap shoot. The ones I received are adjustable and also have a lock and key. I did also see some in silver but I opted for the black ones to match my car too. The ones I received look just like the ones you link to on amazon, but in black. I think $230 CAD is a fair price to pay for those. Let us know how they work out!
So glad to hear yours are lockable. .Only difference I see in weight rating in yours and mine is that yours are rated at 150 pounds and mine are rated at 165 which is practically negligible. At least neither one is in metric or I would still be converting . . lol . . .
Yes , I will follow up here when they arrive and might even show a picture with hopes that the silver ones might be as close as I am hoping to the color of my FE.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If your 20 or 21 Escape did
UPDATE.
As mentioned when I ordered these 8 days ago directly from Chine through amazon that they were scheduled to arrive between April 9th and 21st. I had said they would probably arrive closer to the 9th .
Well , guess what . . . FedEx tracking is saying they are arriving tomorrow on the 6tht. Small world nowadays . From Shanghai China to British Columbia Canada that quick. . . Don't know how they do it . . .Was interesting following the tracking. If they arrive early enough I will take pictures or at least will do it the next day .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
UPDATE.
As mentioned when I ordered these 8 days ago directly from Chine through amazon that they were scheduled to arrive between April 9th and 21st. I had said they would probably arrive closer to the 9th .
Well , guess what . . . FedEx tracking is saying they are arriving tomorrow on the 6tht. Small world nowadays . From Shanghai China to British Columbia Canada that quick. . . Don't know how they do it . . .Was interesting following the tracking. If they arrive early enough I will take pictures or at least will do it the next day .
They arrived late in the day just before supper so I pigged out and then put them on. . . . Instruction sheet was useless and bit of a puzzle to put the pieces together but after one ends was on the other three went together in a couple minutes each . I am pleased with the color match of the car .
Roof racks 2.jpg
Roof racks 1.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
69 Posts
They do look good!
I must admit that after checking the link you provided in the original post, I’m really tempted to buy them for mine but I’m just having a hard time resolving it in my mind because mine has the panoramic roof and the last thing I want to do is void my warranty, believe me, I would be the poster child for the end result of shattering the glass of the panoramic moonroof because I’d forget that the bars were installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts