2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 14 escape seems to almost stall out at idle I just bought this truck and got a oil change so I know the air filter Is clean it never dies like the threads on here just drops to less than 1000 rpm

·
Registered
778 Posts
my car 2013 2 liter 86,000 miles had intermittent miss at idle
try cleaning your Maf's
one after air cleaner and the other one on the intake manifold
the one on my intake manifold was covered with oil
no more missing at idle

·
Registered
834 Posts
my car 2013 2 liter 86,000 miles had intermittent miss at idle
try cleaning your Maf's
one after air cleaner and the other one on the intake manifold
the one on my intake manifold was covered with oil
no more missing at idle

I was wondering what happened to your problem..Did you use CRC MAF cleaner spray? So the oil is being drawn in by the PVC line I assume...Could or can you clean that line too??

·
Registered
778 Posts
I cleaned the MAF and the MAP sensor with MAF sensor cleaner
I ended up replacing the manifold sensor with an updated part number!

"AG9Z9F479B" $55.56

this sensor replaces AG9Z9F479A
I am sure there was a reason for the updated part number

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Any updates to this issue? I have the same issue. I think I'll pull the map's and clean them. But when i did my bored throttle body install the TB and intake manifold were coated in oil in under 5k miles...can't imagine them now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have not changed the auto trans fluid. change the fluid and your ruff idle issues will be gone. I had ruff idle at highway speeds, at stop lights, and when going up hills and changing the fluid solved the problems. Others with similar issues have also had success by changing the auto trans fluid.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If you have not changed the auto trans fluid. change the fluid and your ruff idle issues will be gone. I had ruff idle at highway speeds, at stop lights, and when going up hills and changing the fluid solved the problems. Others with similar issues have also had success by changing the auto trans fluid.
Doing so has been on my list, but I have missed my warm weather window, -20 yesterday :/ so when it warms up I’ll be doing this. I had already ordered a case of ford motor craft atf :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts