2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that 0w 16 fully synthetic motor oil is now available. What are your opinions on it? Much "tado" about nothing?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
There is a GF-6 A and B. One is for backward compatibility and will offer the same viscosity in our current vehicles. No way would I run 0-16 in my Escape.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
There is a GF-6 A and B. One is for backward compatibility and will offer the same viscosity in our current vehicles. No way would I run 0-16 in my Escape.
Me neither.

·
Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
I'm moving this to "Off Topic" given it's not an approved oil for the 3G Engine.

Before using any engine oil you should check it meets the required Ford specifications for your engine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's about the viscosity of hand sanitizer, isn't it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
...Much "tado" about nothing? ...
Yeah... no practical benefit to be had.

They claim 2% improvement over 0W20, but that's from a Honda Fit on a dynamometer. As some of use with hybrid have learned, an efficient car is needed to see small improvements in efficiency. The Fit has a small engine which operates very efficiently at highway speeds, and a dynamometer controls other losses. It's a lab number that they extrapolate to real-world use.

Consider this. I was able to show a 7% improvement in MPG by switching to ethanol-free fuel... if I was already getting 50 MPG. There's no difference when I'm getting 35 MPG (i.e. highway driving).

Stay well,
Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts