2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this happened today. The screen suddenly became unresponsive during the drive. Would not respond to any touches. I turned the car off but screen was still on even after I exited and closed the doors. I went to a store for 15 min and when I returned screen was off and everything was back to normal. Very concerning.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Had this happen to me once and it came back the same way. Just a temporary glitch and I wouldn't be concerned unless it continues to do it on a regular basis..

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've had this happen a few times in the 7 months I've owned my 2020 FE. I mentioned it to the service advisor when I had the backup camera replaced....got the typical response....not much we can do unless we see the problem

·
Registered
512 Posts
@jpohlman thanks for the tip. My updates complete. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you updated your Sync to the current release?
.20136 has been out since July.
I checked a few days ago and it said no updates. I should probably have already latest one since my car build is from August.

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
11 Posts
Had this happened today. The screen suddenly became unresponsive during the drive. Would not respond to any touches. I turned the car off but screen was still on even after I exited and closed the doors. I went to a store for 15 min and when I returned screen was off and everything was back to normal. Very concerning.
It is very possible that the system was installing an update in the background that is why when you turned off the car it did not stop or go dark. As you said when you returned 15 min later it is working fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is very possible that the system was installing an update in the background that is why when you turned off the car it did not stop or go dark. As you said when you returned 15 min later it is working fine.
No version was same as before.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Had this happen over and over again in my 2013 Escape. I should have brought it in but I just got use to it after a while. It seemed to happen more often during the colder months of the year. Basically it was wasn't just the touch screen but everything that had to do with the radio or CD player. But like you I would turn off the car for 15 mins, come back, and like magic it would start again. It's like a computer that ran into an problem - you turn it off and on - and now it's working.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE 1.5L 3
4 Posts
Same happened to me today. Touch unresponsive, the rest worked. Walked away from it off and a few hours later was fine. I am thinking a bugged update or something? Hope it doesn't happen permanently.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL 2.0L 4cyl. Desert Gold
6 Posts
This has happened to me a couple of times since I picked up my car at the end of August. Should it happen to you again, there is a fast fix: pull the car over, and with the engine running push down on the radio power/volume control and the ">>" forward track skip button at the same time. Hold them down for about ten seconds and the Sync system will do a soft reboot and come back to life. That should sort things out.

·
Registered
512 Posts
@jpohlman thanks for the tip. My updates complete. Hopefully that helps.
Nope....happened again today....

there is a fast fix: pull the car over, and with the engine running push down on the radio power/volume control and the ">>" forward track skip button at the same time. Hold them down for about ten seconds and the Sync system will do a soft reboot and come back to life. That should sort things out.
This worked.....but it still shouldn’t happen....right now it’s a minor annoyance....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts