2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2019 Ford Escape Titanium a month ago (1/1/2020)- I bought it new but it was being used by a Ford employee's family member for 6 months prior as a demo. It had 2000 miles on it when I bought it and I was the first to have it titled. First thing I noticed was a low rattling sound that sounded like it was in the far back of the vehicle.That has been ongoing but has not affected the driving/performance of the vehicle. This is a 4 cylinder Escape and the digital display always shows it getting about 11-16 mpg in the city and only an average of 21 mpg on the highway. That seems very low for a 4 cylinder vehicle. Next, after a month of owning it all of a sudden when I come up to an intersection or a stop sign a sensor pops up on the screen showing a picture of the vehicle with a red line circling around the whole car and a beeping alert. This happens whether or not any other vehicles, pedestrians or anything else is in the near vicinity of my car. Lastly, now when I start the car a warning shows up that it's time for an oil change - the car has 2700 miles on it so that does not even seem possible yet! So I'm wondering if it's at all possible that the odometer was rolled back. Let me emphasize that this was a 2019 Ford Escape Titanium listed as a "New" vehicle, not used. Am I missing something or should I be concerned that I was misled when I bought the vehicle and that it actually could have been really "used" when I bought it. It was not registered or titled and had no plate on it when I first test drove it. Thanks for any advice you can offer. I feel like I've been "taken for a ride."

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have purchased a demo vehicle. It was in service for at least 6 months before you purchased it new.
Yes it is still a "new" because it had never been sold or titled. Figure it was taken out of demo service at the end of the model year. September 2019. 6 months of use before then. New on the lot in 3 of 2019. The vehicle was serviced when new 1 year ago. On time it is time to change the oil and generally the first service.
M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have purchased a demo vehicle. It was in service for at least 6 months before you purchased it new.
Yes it is still a "new" because it had never been sold or titled. Figure it was taken out of demo service at the end of the model year. September 2019. 6 months of use before then. New on the lot in 3 of 2019. The vehicle was serviced when new 1 year ago. On time it is time to change the oil and generally the first service.
M
I just ordered a Carfax report on my Escape and it showed 4 history reports: the manufacture and shipment of the vehicle on 11/28/2018, the vehicle offered for sale on 11/30/2018 at the dealership where I bought it, the vehicle serviced on 12/14/2018 at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and lastly the title and registration being issued on 1/22/2020. (I bought the car on 1/1/2020) The one piece of information I did not get was what kind of service was done on the vehicle on 12/14/2018. Anything here that should have me concerned or am I worrying needlessly? The report also states that the retail value of the vehicle was $25,170 which is almost $3000.00 less than the sticker showed when I bought it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered a Carfax report on my Escape and it showed 4 history reports: the manufacture and shipment of the vehicle on 11/28/2018, the vehicle offered for sale on 11/30/2018 at the dealership where I bought it, the vehicle serviced on 12/14/2018 at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and lastly the title and registration being issued on 1/22/2020. (I bought the car on 1/1/2020) The one piece of information I did not get was what kind of service was done on the vehicle on 12/14/2018. Anything here that should have me concerned or am I worrying needlessly? The report also states that the retail value of the vehicle was $25,170 which is almost $3000.00 less than the sticker showed when I bought it.
And thank you for putting some of my concerns into perspective.

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
I bought my 2019 Ford Escape Titanium a month ago (1/1/2020)- I bought it new but it was being used by a Ford employee's family member for 6 months prior as a demo. It had 2000 miles on it when I bought it and I was the first to have it titled. First thing I noticed was a low rattling sound that sounded like it was in the far back of the vehicle.That has been ongoing but has not affected the driving/performance of the vehicle. This is a 4 cylinder Escape and the digital display always shows it getting about 11-16 mpg in the city and only an average of 21 mpg on the highway. That seems very low for a 4 cylinder vehicle. Next, after a month of owning it all of a sudden when I come up to an intersection or a stop sign a sensor pops up on the screen showing a picture of the vehicle with a red line circling around the whole car and a beeping alert. This happens whether or not any other vehicles, pedestrians or anything else is in the near vicinity of my car. Lastly, now when I start the car a warning shows up that it's time for an oil change - the car has 2700 miles on it so that does not even seem possible yet! So I'm wondering if it's at all possible that the odometer was rolled back. Let me emphasize that this was a 2019 Ford Escape Titanium listed as a "New" vehicle, not used. Am I missing something or should I be concerned that I was misled when I bought the vehicle and that it actually could have been really "used" when I bought it. It was not registered or titled and had no plate on it when I first test drove it. Thanks for any advice you can offer. I feel like I've been "taken for a ride."
Have you taken it back to the dealer? That should be the first thing you do. Especially with such a new vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As expected it is over a year old as far as the oil change monitor is concerned. The first service recorded will be
the new car service performed by the dealer. This is a set of checks to be sure the vehicle is safe to put on the road.
This will include simple checks for lug nut torque. Oil level, wipers are there and operate, this sort of items.
You can not believe some of the things that go missing from a new vehicle, both before and after is hits a new car lot.
As Vader101 states, Get it back to the dealer for the strange sensor problem you have.
M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As expected it is over a year old as far as the oil change monitor is concerned. The first service recorded will be
the new car service performed by the dealer. This is a set of checks to be sure the vehicle is safe to put on the road.
This will include simple checks for lug nut torque. Oil level, wipers are there and operate, this sort of items.
You can not believe some of the things that go missing from a new vehicle, both before and after is hits a new car lot.
As Vader101 states, Get it back to the dealer for the strange sensor problem you have.
M
Thanks- will be taking it into the service department on Monday - we’ve already spoke to them about these issues and they told us to bring it in early on Monday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts