2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo I've been poking around the net...and there isn't much until I found these on the uk kuga forum. But there wasn't anyone that ordered them.

Only issue is it is a Russian site, Alfeco. Not sure if they'll ship.

Front
http://www.alfeco.ru/catalog/ford/0732/

Comes in steel, 3.5mm and 5mm aluminum.

Rear diff
http://www.alfeco.ru/catalog/ford/0733/

Comes in Steel, 3.5mm and 5mm aluminum

I sent an email to see about any shipping or info on them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you guys want that flimsy piece made out of metal you could always try taking the OEM one off and see if somewhere can replicate it out of a metal..? That way you can also get the hole cutout as well. I assume that is to cool the turbo..?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you guys want that flimsy piece made out of metal you could always try taking the OEM one off and see if somewhere can replicate it out of a metal..? That way you can also get the hole cutout as well. I assume that is to cool the turbo..?
I was hoping an Escape owner near the south or cali would want to hit up one of the offroad shops and get some things made.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,339 Posts
^^^ Don't limit yourself to offroad / car shops - with your fiber pan as a pattern any competent sheet-metal fabricator can make what you want, probably less expensive and better than an all-purpose car shop since that's their specialty. Bound to be more than one in any urban area near you ... face-to-face communication about what you want, no shipping and you can see the material hands-on before it's fabbed (aluminum diamond-plate? ;-).

almost resisting comment about supporting Russian economy ;-)

·
Registered
518 Posts
^^^ Don't limit yourself to offroad / car shops - with your fiber pan as a pattern any competent sheet-metal fabricator can make what you want, probably less expensive and better than an all-purpose car shop since that's their specialty. Bound to be more than one in any urban area near you ... face-to-face communication about what you want, no shipping and you can see the material hands-on before it's fabbed (aluminum diamond-plate? ;-).

almost resisting comment about supporting Russian economy ;-)
This is what I was thinking of. I actualy wasn't even thinking of a car shop. Just a good place that works with metal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would be very cautious when installing this skid plate. It does not have the ram air duct that is required to cool the PTU. No cooling PTU=fluid cooked=metal shavings=failed unit. Also, change your PTU fluid every 30, 000 miles minimum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts