1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ITEM IS SOLD 1/4/2020

OEM PN:
CJ5T-19C107-CJ

PRICE: $65 via PayPal Goods and Services (I pay fee)

SHIPPING: Delivery in CONUS via USPS Priority Mail included in PRICE above. Sorry, I will not ship outside of CONUS. I will ship within two business days of receipt of payment.

AVAILABILITY: It’s available ‘till I ask the mods to lock this thread. I’m in no rush.

TO PURCHASE: Send me a PM (start a “Conversation” with me) including your full US mail address; I’ll reply with my PayPal info.

BACKGROUND: I ran this ACM in my 2014 Escape SE (non-Sony) reprogrammed per Application 3 below to add HD radio to my car. Before selling my Escape I reprogrammed the unit to its OEM configuration and removed it to reinstall my original non-HD radio ACM.
APPLICATION 1: This ACM is a Plug-and-Play** replacement for any year SYNC2 Sony System Ford Escape
  • **See SIRIUS SUBSCRIBER NOTE below
APPLICATION 2: This ACM can be reprogrammed using FORScan for any year SYNC2 Non-Sony Ford Escape
  • Before removing your OEM ACM, use FORScan to copy all ACM programming values (e.g. all 727-xx-xx)
  • Install this ACM (all connectors are identical to yours)
  • Use FORScan to edit all ACM programming value to match your original ACM
  • See SIRIUS SUBSCRIBER NOTE below
APPLICATION 3: This ACM can be reprogrammed to add HD radio to your SYNC2 Non-Sony Ford Escape
  • Install this ACM per APPLICATION 2
  • Enable HD Radio by reprogramming this ACM and your original APIM using FORScan per the instructions in and linked in this post
  • See SIRIUS SUBSCRIBER NOTE below
SIRIUS SUBSCRIBER NOTE
  • All Sirius service is linked to the ESN unique to each specific receiving device. If you have an existing Sirius subscription you must contact Sirius and have them change the ESN in their system to match the ESN displayed on your Touchscreen Vehicle Info section after you install this ACM (or any other replacement ACM). Sirius may charge a fee to change an existing ESN, I don’t know if they do,
  • If you do not have an existing Sirius subscription, you simply provide Sirius with the ESN when you subscribe.
  • If you don’t use Sirius, no action is required period.
Thanks for Looking! :)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
make me an offer - time to clear out the last of my Escape bits ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does this do anything besides hd radio? I read one of your threads and I’d probably have to read it 3x to understand.
Separate amps, line out ability?
Never used Forscan, ordered a cable. Never done any reprogramming.
Is this Sync2? Under System Information -
CcPU SW Version: 4.30.13171_PRODUCT

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this Sync2? Under System Information -
CcPU SW Version: 4.30.13171_PRODUCT
  • If your 2014 SE has a ~4.25" screen located above the CD slot it is SYNC1 (standard on the '14 SE trim)
  • If your 2014 SE has a ~8" touchscreen located below the CD slot, it is SYNC2 (optional on the '14 SE trim); this will have touchscreen climate controls
  • screens are measured diagonally (e.g. lower left to upper right corners)
Does this do anything besides hd radio? I read one of your threads and I’d probably have to read it 3x to understand.
Separate amps, line out ability?
Never used Forscan, ordered a cable. Never done any reprogramming.
Any of the 2013-2015 SYNC2 ACM's can be reprogrammed for
  • 'flat' output (no EQ)
  • Speaker-level aka 'high-level' output
  • Low-level aka 'line-level' output with fixed volume (OE volume controls do nothing - external volume control required, e.g. aftermarket DSP)
  • Low-level aka 'line-level' output with variable volume (OE volume controls work)
  • a few other 'tweaks'
All reprogramming requires FORSCan running on a PC (not smartphone) with an appropriate OBDii interface and knowledge to use. There's threads covering each of those - IF you determine you have SYNC2, PM me (start 'conversation') describing what you are wanting to accomplish and why and I'll try to steer you to appropriate resources.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ACM IS SOLD 1/4/2020

@Vader101 - please lock the thread, Thank You.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.