2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Spare Tire swap out from 2017 to 2021

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fbov 
#1 ·
In three weeks I hope to pick up my 2021 Titanium PHEV at last!! I now drive a 2017 Escape and would like to take the spare tire out of my car and move it to my new PHEV. My question is will it fit in the wheel well in the back end? Will I need to get a new or different locking bolt to secure it in place? What other issues should I be concerned with? My 2017 has 18" wheels and the new 2021 PHEV will also come with 18" wheels. Thanks In advance for your help.

#2 ·
Congrats on finally getting a power cord!

I got the factory mini-spare after living without in a C-Max. Others have asked this question, and the best aftermarket solution is an undersize, extended load tire, since the OE size will not fit. Do a search for the 4G spare tire thread. It's close to a factory fit... close but not perfect.

Frank

#3 ·
Congrats on finally getting a power cord!

I got the factory mini-spare after living without in a C-Max. Others have asked this question, and the best aftermarket solution is an undersize, extended load tire, since the OE size will not fit. Do a search for the 4G spare tire thread. It's close to a factory fit... close but not perfect.

Frank
What are you talking about, I'm not looking for an aftermarket solution. I asked a specific question. As I said I'm thinking about taking the mini-spare tire I have in my 2017 Escape and move it over to my new 2021 I will get in three weeks. I'm asking if someone has done this or has looked at the size issue and securing hardware to see if this is doable?

#7 ·
Our 2020 hybrid does have an actual spare. I'm not sure if there's any bolt pattern differences between the 3g and 4g escapes. Wife is out with it right now but I can give you the wheel and tire size when she's gets home later and I can look.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
A donut spare tire can not be safely interchanged between vehicles. ...
... without doing proper research (that Tire Rack won't do, likely for legal reasons).

There's a long list of things you need to know as both wheel and tire must meet application requirements. Not trivial but well within an owners ability to insure safety. Most of it's probably in here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.