2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The spare tire and wheel is an option for $110 when buying new. Does it also come with a jack and mounting bolt or do those come with every Escape, whether you get the spare tire or not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The spare tire and wheel is an option for $110 when buying new. Does it also come with a jack and mounting bolt or do those come with every Escape, whether you get the spare tire or not?
Hmmm, they didn’t mention any of that.
Thanks, that's good to know! The price seems pretty cheap so maybe the OP can just order the kit from Ford.
I called my local dealership. The wheel is $250 and they can’t find a tire. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV
60 Posts
I had the dealer order the ($200) spare tire kit to install on my Escape since the vehicle didn’t have the factory option. The order was placed October 1 of last year. The kit still has not come in and there is no estimate available for arrival. Going on 8 months and waiting.

My Escape windshield broke due to road debris and an OEM Ford replacement has been on order with Safelight for three weeks as of today, with no estimate yet for when it might be in stock. I’m driving with spider cracks across the passenger side.

Terrible parts availability with this vehicle.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,076 Posts
For is not unique to parts availability. There are supply chain issues everywhere. Across multiple vehicle manufacturers. This supply chain problem is effecting everything.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For is not unique to parts availability. There are supply chain issues everywhere. Across multiple vehicle manufacturers. This supply chain problem is effecting everything.
yep, we have a 2020 Volvo tractor with a bad water pump that has been sitting here for three weeks and still no clue when we will get one and thats a emergency priority order

·
Registered
2020 Escape
200 Posts
I had the dealer order the ($200) spare tire kit to install on my Escape since the vehicle didn’t have the factory option. The order was placed October 1 of last year. The kit still has not come in and there is no estimate available for arrival. Going on 8 months and waiting.

My Escape windshield broke due to road debris and an OEM Ford replacement has been on order with Safelight for three weeks as of today, with no estimate yet for when it might be in stock. I’m driving with spider cracks across the passenger side.

That's nothing new with everything going on today. Getting spares for just about anything can take some time. The spare situation is the same now as it was years ago when I was attempting to find one for my Fusion Hybrid. The dealer wanted big money for it and the jack. The estimated wait time was 6 months. I got it form eBay for less then 70 bucks. Try looking there.

As for windshields. Ours pick up a large stone chip and cracked when traveling to Colorado in the same section of highway where the windshield on our 17 F-250 got cracked.

Anyway, the small shop that did the fixes got bith windshields with no issue. The 4G Escapes were so new that they had to go to the Ford factory to get one. There were no after-market windshields at that time. I took a week to get it and another day to do the install. Also there was no need to calibrate the front camera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts