2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you 1.6 owners out there. Very interesting issue in this video. Oil down in the spark plug wells.

·
Registered
879 Posts
He does excellent videos. I recently suggested on here to bookmark his youtube page. He has LOTS of very useful and helpful videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FordTechMakuloco/playlists

I sent him a message recently on how much I appreciate his videos and suggest others do the same. :|

I was just watching his video about draining a little brake fluid from the caliper when you do a brake job and before you push the caliper piston back in to get the dirtiest fluid out of the system. Going to do my rear brakes tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
How, exactly, is the title misleading?
Well.. this part is a wee bit misleading. It says at the top of the video " 2013-2017 with 1.6L
The 2017 has a 1.5L engine.
This is the very first vehicle I have ever purchased extended factory warranty on. Issues like this make me sleep much better at night. :D

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.. this part is a wee bit misleading. It says at the top of the video " 2013-2017 with 1.6L
The 2017 has a 1.5L engine.
This is the very first vehicle I have ever purchased extended factory warranty on. Issues like this make me sleep much better at night. :D
Yeah, I have no idea if the 1.6 is being used in any of Fords line-up for 2017. Its nice that he happens to be working on an Escape in the video or I might not of posted it. Irregardless, this is a perfect video for 1.6 Escape owners.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Yeah, I have no idea if the 1.6 is being used in any of Fords line-up for 2017. Its nice that he happens to be working on an Escape in the video or I might not of posted it. Irregardless, this is a perfect video for 1.6 Escape owners.

Yes I totally agree. I've watched a few of his video's but in my case "too much information" can be a bad thing, like his video on "oil catch cans". NOW I'm worried :eek: LOL

·
Registered
875 Posts
I need to change mines soon...😐

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI VNS-L23 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
He does excellent videos. I recently suggested on here to bookmark his youtube page. He has LOTS of very useful and helpful videos.
Except in this one he recommends anti seize on plated thread plugs. (Silver color) Every manufacturer says not to do that. Only the black oxide thread plugs or if the car maker recommends it. Ford doesn’t for Escape.

No worries, I did it all the time on my last alum head vehicle. Never left plugs in for 90k though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts