2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wifey is going to be in the market for a new vehicle perhaps in the next year or two.

While she likes her 2013 Turbo Beetle with the 6-spd DSG for pickup-and-go, she misses the space and ride height of our old 06 Escape and likes the spunk of my daughters 2017 2.0 Escape. However, she's not convinced of it's handling citing my same concerns about twitchiness when cornering under power. For comparison, her Beetle corners like it's on rails and will out maneuver my Mustang on tight corners even with my modified suspension.

Enter the speculated Escape ST configuration.

For the speculated price and the Focus looks, I'd rather consider the Explorer ST but, this would be her car, not mine. It is interesting nonetheless so I thought i'd post it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now this is something that I'd be interested in seeing if it looked like the rendering in the link you posted. I just did a google search for Ford Kuga ST and it seems that the "Ford Kuga ST Line" is basically a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium with the sport appearance package. Interesting to see if it would be something unveiled after the Plug-in Hybrid comes out next year, just not sure if there would be a big enough market for it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,767 Posts
"Ford Kuga ST Line" is basically a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium with the sport appearance package.
They don't get the 2.0l EcoBoost in the UK for their Kuga ST Line. It's a 2.0l TDCi diesel or 1.5l Ecoboost only. We get the Escape ST Line in Australia with the 2.0l EcoBoost. The trim level is a step down from the top of the range Titanium so you miss out on the panoramic roof, Bi Xenon headlights, self parking, leather interior etc.

(Ford North America basically have an Escape ST drive-train already in production in the Lincoln MKC. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15108243/2015-lincoln-mkc-23-ecoboost-awd-test-review/ https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-crossovers/mkc/features/performance/ )

Reactions: Biv
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.