2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my mom hit a curb and destroyed here passenger side drive train. I have replaced everything needed to correct the drive train but the cable running from the speed sensor to ? was ripped out when the rim shattered. Can anyone help me find where the outer end goes to from the sensor?

Thanks in advance,

·
Super Moderator
2,229 Posts
Can anyone help me find where the outer end goes to from the sensor?
Welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about the ABS sensor cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is the speed sensor. It goes in the knuckle and looks like it is related to the drive shaft.
Only has to wires out on the passenger side of the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,229 Posts
"ABS wheel speed sensor" seems to be what the sensor is called. I've got my Kuga up on stands at the moment with that area apart, I'll try and check where the loom/ cable goes to. It most likely joins into a larger loom- you can't see where it's been torn out?

Are there any wrecks close by you could get the cable off and also check where it joins to?

·
Super Moderator
2,229 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,229 Posts
I'll try and check where the loom/ cable goes to. It most likely joins into a larger loom- you can't see where it's been torn out?
Sorry, I forgot to post up what I found.

The ABS/ Speed Sensor loom goes from the strut to the body in the wheel well (engine side) and then disappears straight up in behind the plastic wheel arch liner. So you'd need to pull back the plastic arch liner and look above it in the top area towards the firewall.

See below, I happened to have a picture of that area with the wheel arch liner removed. RHS wheel well looking back towards the firewall, follow the (shaky) red line from the strut up to the loom.

ABS Speed sensor loom.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts