2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Escape Titanium AWD. Love the car and 40 miles per gallon. The dealers are selling OEM splash guards LJ6Z-16A550-AA LJ6Z-16A550-BA they insist is the correct part. I purchased these guards and had to return them. The holes in these guards don't match any of the existing holes in the wheel well. On the Ford site build page it shows a totally different splash guard with holes that should exactly match existing holes. Those guards have wording that says these guards will be available at a later date but can be ordered with the build. I also bought some plastic type oem mats. One of those mats don't fit properly on the drivers side front floor having a bulge on the sill side.

I talked on Ford Chat about this problem and got nowhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I purchased a 2020 Escape Titanium AWD. Love the car and 40 miles per gallon. The dealers are selling OEM splash guards LJ6Z-16A550-AA LJ6Z-16A550-BA they insist is the correct part. I purchased these guards and had to return them. The holes in these guards don't match any of the existing holes in the wheel well. On the Ford site build page it shows a totally different splash guard with holes that should exactly match existing holes. Those guards have wording that says these guards will be available at a later date but can be ordered with the build. I also bought some plastic type oem mats. One of those mats don't fit properly on the drivers side front floor having a bulge on the sill side.

I talked on Ford Chat about this problem and got nowhere.
Those are the same part numbers I got in my search results at parts.ford.com. The “aa” for the front and the “ba” for the rear.
Though I eventually decided against them for fuel efficiency reasons... for now.

the floor mat part number I did not note down but I did notice there were different PNs for the hybrid model than the non-hybrids. (Probably due to slightly different floors for the battery location on the hybrid).

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Though I eventually decided against them for fuel efficiency reasons... for now.
Do you really believe that "splash guards" would affect your MPG? IMO, forgetting you have a turbo would be the best way to improve your MPG's. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of the new 2020 Escapes have a turbo. The only two engine variants are an EcoBoost 1.5L or 2.0L. The EcoBoost by default has the turbo, it’s where they get their “boost”.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of the new 2020 Escapes have a turbo. The only two engine variants are an EcoBoost 1.5L or 2.0L. The EcoBoost by default has the turbo, it’s where they get their “boost”.
Not exactly correct. The Hybrid has a Atkinson-cycle I-4 engine with a CVT transmission. This engine is used also by Toyota and other auto companies. The transmission is also built and used by other auto companies. A key reason I bought the Hybrid was due to there being a proven technology.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have them on mine, part numbers: LJ6Z-16A550-AA and LJ6Z-16A550-BA.
Here is what I can tell you about how they install:
The front will have 2 holes that line up with retainers, and you will need to drill a hole for the top - They come with screws and metal clips for the top holes.
The rear also need a top hole/screw setup.
I personally opted to not use those and instead use some smaller body panel retainers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts