2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2017 Ford Escape Titanium back in May. Loving everything about it with the exception of a squeak/creek sound coming from the back seat. It only happens when I am driving and going over some light bumps. Speed doesn't seem to be an issue. I have tried making sure everything is seated and connected, but it continues. It sounds like it is coming from the passenger side back seat, but I can't be be certain. My wife has sat in the back seat while I was driving. It seemed to stop when she was back there and started up when she left. Any ideas? Anyone else have something similar?
Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think I have found that
See my sig on rattles link , I have pictures

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Got my 2017 Ford Escape Titanium back in May. Loving everything about it with the exception of a squeak/creek sound coming from the back seat. It only happens when I am driving and going over some light bumps. Speed doesn't seem to be an issue. I have tried making sure everything is seated and connected, but it continues. It sounds like it is coming from the passenger side back seat, but I can't be be certain. My wife has sat in the back seat while I was driving. It seemed to stop when she was back there and started up when she left. Any ideas? Anyone else have something similar?
Thanks!
The squeak/creak sound might be from the flap(s) between the rear seats and the cargo area - the ones on the floor, not the cargo cover. I noticed this in mine mostly when the seats are folded down, but still sometimes with them up. A lot seems to be based on the sprin for them that you can see when the seats are down, by flipping the flap up by hand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did not know my sig does not show when I reply from my phone? How to turn that on?
But anyway my sig should show now.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had this squeak in my car and found the cargo cover was rubbing against the top of the partially reclined back seats. Simple fix.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you for posting the link kevinzajac!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts