2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Titanium AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the steel brake lines made for the Focus ST? Unsurprisingly, I couldn't find steel brake lines for the escapes, but most if not all brake parts for the ST fit on the Escape. Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to do some more research into it, and report back on it.

It should be noted that the brake kits for the Escape and ST have different part numbers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You may just find that a motorcycle shop or custom car shop will make the stainless steel hoses up for you and may be cheaper. I used to change my motorcycle rubber hoses to stainless steel Goodridge hoses made to measure at my local motorcycle dealership. I have never bothered with any cars. I never really noticed any difference to the braking efficiency but they looked nicer.

You may find that an identical part between Escape, Focus, Fusion will always have a different part number as in Ford's engineering code (that's the 4 digits followed by five or six digits followed by two or three digits), it has the product line within that number. That makes it harder for anyone trying to cross reference parts between the models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts