·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Wow, I just drive in sport mode. No problem.
Mike
With my SelectShift transmission I have to use my steering wheel paddle shifters when in Sport Mode. This gets old after a while.

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
With my SelectShift transmission I have to use my steering wheel paddle shifters when in Sport Mode. This gets old after a while.
It doesn't change automatically if you shift to S and don't touch the paddles?

There are also cheaper ways to disable the Start/ Stop in that other long thread.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
902 Posts

There are also cheaper ways to disable the Start/ Stop in that other long thread.

My 2017 model changes automatically in Sport mode without using the paddles.
Once you start using the paddles though it is locked into 'manual' mode until you put it back into 'normal' auto and whilst it will override the gears if you forget to downshift it will not override upshifts and you end up with a screaming engine if you forget to upshift upon slowing or stopping and starting off again.
But I digress from the subject at hand...sorry ?

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What long other thread are you referring to?

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
Reactions: Vader101

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Thanks, I thought you meant something more recent that I missed. Sorry.

Motor.gif

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder what this gizmo is telling the computer, and why can't this be duplicated by Forscan?
Apparently it can be permanently disabled with Forscan but it's not for the faint of heart.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Let us know how it works for you please. :)
Works great! Exactly as advertised. As soon as I turned the car on, the auto start stop was off. It retains complete functionality. So funny why Ford didn’t do it this way! More than happy to donate my $100. If I ever sell the car or have it serviced at the dealer I simply remove the device. Much easier than breaking out the laptop and hoping FORScan doesn’t brick my car.

66EC9777-0525-4711-9E7B-CB9FCDF32759.jpeg

·
Registered
867 Posts
Works great! Exactly as advertised. As soon as I turned the car on, the auto start stop was off. It retains complete functionality. So funny why Ford didn’t do it this way! More than happy to donate my $100. If I ever sell the car or have it serviced at the dealer I simply remove the device. Much easier than breaking out the laptop and hoping FORScan doesn’t brick my car.

View attachment 76457
When the price drops, I'm in too...

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
I wonder what this gizmo is telling the computer, and why can't this be duplicated by Forscan?
You can disable it by removing a wire from the back of the disable switch plug - see the links I posted above. No need to do it with ForScan.

Or even easier, drive in "S" all the time!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been in contact with Travis from "Start-Stop Eliminator and I took the liberty to mention this forum and the interest in his product. Here is his reply to my email:

:)
Hey Dave,
It really is as easy as it looks. You just plug it in and the auto start/stop switch will maintain the off setting automatically. So, it basically adds memory to the switch. When you turn auto start/stop off, the device will work to keep it off unless you manually turn it back on.
There are no changes made to the vehicle, so once unplugged, the vehicle is exactly as it was before the device was installed.
I'm sorry, but we do not have a supplier in Canada.
I can offer a 15% discount with no minimum purchase. Just use the discount code ESCAPE_FORUM. (Feel free to share this code with other members.) If you have someone to organize and make a single purchase for multiple items, I will provide a custom quote.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Travis Lambert TRL Automotive

Any volunteers?

Reactions: Tanat and murcod
1 - 20 of 36 Posts