2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Its so funny, now I have to retrain myself NOT to worry about remembering to turn off the pesky start stop function.

Driving around for a week without any issues. Loving it!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Buying an explorer soon and they also have this auto start stop. Was looking at the f150 threads and if you disable via forscan they said it also disables your bms? The battery monitor thing. Which some are okay with.

The auto start stop annoys the crap out of me and I want it disabled as well. There was a 1 wire jumper trick on the slightly older buttons but the 2020 looks to be different. So I’ll probably go with this module to make it plug n play. In the focus rs I just had the daily routine of sport mode, no auto start stop, suspension and go but man it takes a bit

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
'19 Escape Titanium 2.0L EcoBoost
19 Posts
I received this module today.
Extremely fast shipping, installs as easy as they say, I had my wife install it.
It works perfectly as informed.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I tried that - it still auto-annoys me. However, for a c-note I'll keep looking. ForScan's gotta have an answer.
Defeating the start/stop via software has caused issues with other vehicle systems as reported by other folks.

This device is well worth the money. For example, my 2017 is at the Ford dealer for an engine replacement. All I had to do before dropping it off was pull out the device from the OBD port and it’s immediately back to factory operation. Much easier than FORScan

21 - 36 of 36 Posts