2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I have a 2020 Escape SE with the 1.5 making a strange noise from either the driver footwell or lower dash from 1-3.5k rpm. I am currently driving this vehicle like a granny and this sound is most apparent when accelerating but it is also there when downshifting and slowing down (just not as loud). The sound reminds me of older vehicles with speedo cables. Similar to the sound they made when they needed a little lube or graphite to quite back down. This vehicle only has 400 miles and it started making the noise after just 60 miles on the odo. Any idea's out there? Any other 4th gen escape owners experiencing something similar to this?

·
Super Moderator
2,250 Posts
There have been some posts about the 1.5l 3 cylinder EcoBoost making droning noises when driving at certain revs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the escape back today from the dealership. They had it for a full day and were not able to track it down. The tech did verify the strange noise and broke down the dash a bunch but was not able to find anything out of the ordinary. The escape will be going back next week for a longer stay while I have a loaner so hopefully they will find something then. I have a video that I will try to post up later to see if anyone on here recognizes it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts