2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been looking to do this with my car. It just seems near impossible to find exactly the right APIM. When searching eBay, what are you guys looking for? Are you just asking the seller the VIN number of the car is came out of? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get the VIN from the donor vehicle and then use a vin decoder to find out the options from the donor vehicle. They should tell you if the donor vehicle is NAV capable. Check all the options to make sure they match your vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that, what I meant was are you guys messaging the sellers and asking them for the VIN #? I found this website here Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market that could help me find exactly what I need I think, but I don't know the EXACT model number I would need. Any input?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You really need to ask a Fusion site for that. We pretty much deal solely with the Escape specs. Even our sister model the Focus is incompatible with ours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, found an APIM with Navigation in it from a 2015 Fusion. It had heated seats which I don't. Hopefully that doesn't freak the system out. I also went ahead and bought the A7 SD card. In total I have $240 in parts. Hopefully this works!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installation was a success. Took 23 minutes. The system is now in search of an SD card, and I have the Navigation option. Although my card has not arrived yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking to do the same upgrade. I found a few cars that match my model and a few options I have, but I do not know what options I should look out for. For example, I found one with almost everything I have, except the BLISS system. Are there key features to look out for, or does everything have to be an exact match?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I'm looking to do the same upgrade. I found a few cars that match my model and a few options I have, but I do not know what options I should look out for. For example, I found one with almost everything I have, except the BLISS system. Are there key features to look out for, or does everything have to be an exact match?
Think of it this way. Its those items that interact with your 8" screen. For example:

1)Dual climate control is shown on my screen, so the donor vehicle needs to have this.

2)If you have a rear view camera, then donor should as well.

3)If you have HD radio and Sirius, donor should as well.

4)Whatever else I'm forgetting.

Reactions: sternyy

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two questions:

1. Anyone else have issues with 3.8 update? I read that someone lost Navi after update, so Im very reluctant to update.

2. Since upgrading to a new APIM with Navi, were any of you able to get SiriusXM Traffic or Travel Link. I did the swap but when I call them, they say that they cannot add either.

Thanks
Donatas

·
Registered
2013 1.6L EcoBoost SE, Tuxedo Black
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Sorry Donatas, I haven't upgraded yet. I also haven't used the XM traffic or Travel Link.

Just curious- do those offer realtime traffic better than the Nav of MFT?

·
Registered
2013 1.6L EcoBoost SE, Tuxedo Black
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Hello all, I've just uploaded a tutorial video on the process of installing/upgrading to NAV to a non-Nav MFT unit. I also know a lot of us have already upgraded, but for anybody new, looking for a step by step via video, here it is:)Please let me know if you have any suggestions to make this DIY better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWYlgxmI8bA

I've been meaning to do this video for a while, so I hope you all find it helpful!

-Rahrena

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Sorry Donatas, I haven't upgraded yet. I also haven't used the XM traffic or Travel Link.

Just curious- do those offer realtime traffic better than the Nav of MFT?
The Sirius (XM) Traffic/Travel Link ARE the realtime traffic components of the MFT Nav system. Without the Traffic subscription from Sirius, the Nav doesn't do traffic. About the only thing I miss since I cancelled Sirius. but I do have the option of Traffic from my iPhone, so not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yet another great video! Kudos and thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
Your videos are really great, kudos on your 'production sense', I really appreciate you avoiding the wasted time and chatter of many other 'DIY tubes'.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts