2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Has anyone done a successful Sync update (latest v3.8) that has an upgraded NAV APIM still installed? Any issues?

Reactions: rahrena8690

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone done a successful Sync update (latest v3.8) that has an upgraded NAV APIM still installed? Any issues?
I did the update last week was about to report for those that did the apim swap that navigation remains unchanged, no errors or retries took about 15 mins. So far everything is working fine, I think... the escape is the wife's mobile and she hasn't complaint about anything :)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I did the update last week was about to report for those that did the apim swap that navigation remains unchanged, no errors or retries took about 15 mins. So far everything is working fine, I think... the escape is the wife's mobile and she hasn't complaint about anything :)
Sweet! Thanks for the reply. :D

Reactions: rahrena8690

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Updated to Sync v3.8 last night. No problems with my Lockpick or my added NAV APIM. No daylight savings time with this update, whats up with that?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
and 3 seconds to activate video work? or activates Siri?
I just use my lockpick for the backup camera. So holding the home button for 3 seconds toggles my camera on and off.

A problem did arise today. One note, I have a very early version of lockpick for my 2013 Escape. One of the very first. It was acting a little wonky. So today I just reset my lockpick and everything seems fine. It makes sense since sync got an update.

How to reset your lockpick:

My lockpick is easy to access. It's tucked right under the steering wheel. Get it out so you can access everything. Get in your car and shut the door. Lock the doors so the sync system is off. Disconnect the lockpick device completely. Toggle all of the dip switches to the down position momentarily, remembering what settings you had. Reset all the dip switches and reconnect the device.

Seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Steering Wheel Controls

Need help! I followed a procedure, replaced my APIM module from Escape Titanium on APIM from Ford Fusion with Navigation. As results I see Nav but my Steering Wheel volume and voice command Controls got disabled. Any advice what to do? Unit exactly the same brand but from different type of vehicle.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Need help! I followed a procedure, replaced my APIM module from Escape Titanium on APIM from Ford Fusion with Navigation. As results I see Nav but my Steering Wheel volume and voice command Controls got disabled. Any advice what to do? Unit exactly the same brand but from different type of vehicle.
You may need to verify the year, and options that were on the new apim you got. I don't fully understand what car you own vs donor apim were from. But most suggest buying from the same year and model if you can, to avoid issues.

Post up some info:
Owned car:
Features on stock:
Year:
Model:

Donor APIM info:
Car:
Features:
Year:
Model:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Owned car: Ford Escape Titanium
APIM : DA5T-14D212-RB
Features on stock:
Year: 2014
Model: Titanium 2L turbo
voice activated SYNC
no navigation

Donor APIM info: APIM : DA5T-14D212-RB
Car:Ford Fusion Titanium
Features:  power steering w/epas
rear view camera
Sony audio, SYNC with Myford touch   
Navigation
Looks like no voice activated sync

Model:Titanium 2L

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Vitaliy, While the part numbers are the same, the internal hardware/software might be different. Ford commonly uses the same part number across models. But, the way they order/stock them is by Model+Part. The Fusion steering wheel controls might use different values or have different button arrangements than the Escape. (Even the newer Escape changed buttons, voice is same as the "M" on ours, and the phone buttons changed as well)

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,001 Posts
You can't directly swap the APIM

Owned car: Ford Escape Titanium
APIM : DA5T-14D212-RB
Features on stock:
Model: Titanium 2L turbo
voice activated SYNC
no navigation

Donor APIM info: APIM : DA5T-14D212-RB
Car:Ford Fusion Titanium
Features:  power steering w/epas
rear view camera
Sony audio, SYNC with Myford touch   
Navigation
Looks like no voice activated sync

Model:Titanium 2L
Between Ford models even though it looks the same.
The load for the Fusion is different (ie a Fusion Titanium has heated seats that are controlled through the lower right climate quadrant) and the Audio FCIM isn't the same.

You either need to pickup an MFT APIM off a same year Escape with the same audio or pickup everything from APIM to ACU.

·
Registered
18 Posts
3.8 update works great and nav stays intact! Update time ~ 20min.

I did not test Siri Eyes Free, as my wife and I are android users.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nav upgrade

After researching this forum, I found a compatible APIM with both Nav and backup camera capabilities on Ebay. I received the touch screen and APIM yesterday and an A6 SD map card today. Took all of about 40 minutes to swap out and install the SD card. So far everything works great on the Nav side. Still looking for the right camera and wireless setup for the backup camera. More to follow when I find what I need. I have a 911 connection error that I'm still researching. Anybody know how to fix this error?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
MySync upgrade ?

#1 : I just completed an APIM/Nav upgrade to my 13 FE SEL. Everything works great. Per Ford MySync is at version 3.5. There is a version 3.8 available. Will I have problems upgrading to the newer version seeing how I have swapped out my APIM?
#2 : After the nav upgrade, do I need to do a system master rest?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alarm alarm alarm

Last week I did a successful APIM SWAP and added NAV and backup cam to my 2013 SEL. Today I downloaded the latest upgrade to MySync (V3.8). It took all of about 30 minutes. Once the upgrade was complete, both my nav and my backup camera have been wiped from my APIM. I'm not sure if it can be recovered or not. Has anyone else have any issues after the new upgrade? Need some help, please.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
What are the specs of the donor vehicle where you got the APIM from? I upgraded my sync with no problems except when I went back to my account to report a successful update, I get the green check mark and hit "OK"(or whatever the process is, I forget) but my owner account still list the update and the sync part of my account doesn't list my recent update to v3.8. It's strange because it accepted my"successful update" process. Fords whole system is fraught with problems. They make cars, not computer systems. But as for yours, Ford may have slipped in something by now.

Who knows, this whole infotainment thing in vehicles is bound to be full of glitches. There are just to many variables.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did the 3.8 update after changing the apim and it did not wiped the navigation part, my donor apim came from an identical escape as ours but I don't know if that is your problem, but like Hayaikuruma said after the upgrade I successfully reported the update to ford but for some reason it tells me that I have a sync update (same that I already install) and in the update history does not shows the latest reported update, after searching the web I came across some f150 owners that are also having these problem they mention they had to call ford and report their update, so it might just be a software glitch on their end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lost my Nav

I went back and checked the VIN from the donor vehicle. The vehicle matches year and build from my Escape. The ford website is acting screwy and won't let me verify the new update is completed. When I go to the settings on my screen, and touch on apps (I think), it shows the Navigation with unlimited usage, but it no longer shows on the screen. Now it only shows information in the upper right instead of Navigation. I talked to Fordand explained what happened and they checked my vin and told me I should go to the dealership and have the software for the Nav reinstalled and that it should be covered under the extended warranty of the APIM. I'm not sure she understood I had swapped the APIM to install NAV. Anybody have any suggestions I can try?

161 - 180 of 206 Posts