You can update it yourself.
How do I check for SYNC®* updates?
You can see if there is a SYNC update available for your vehicle by going to the Ford Owner Support site.
To check for SYNC updates for your vehicle on the Ford Owner Support site, follow the steps below:
- Visit the SYNC and Navigation Updates page.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select Check for update.
- Select the SYNC UPDATE AVAILABLE drop-down.
If your SYNC software is current, you will see a green checkmark and a message stating that an update is not available for your vehicle.
I have the basic SYNC 1. The last update was vesion 4.6.
Not sure if this method still works since it's been awhile.
1. Download the update file. Unzip it, and copy the SyncMyRide folder, autoinstall.lst, and install.lst files to a USB flash drive. I used a Sandisk 32GB 2.0 drive formatted to FAT32.
2. Insert the flash drive in the armrest USB port.
3. Turn your Escape and the radio on.
4. Press the Media button. It should show Sync Line In
5. Press the Menu button. Scroll to Sync Media, press OK.
6. Scroll to System Settings, press OK.
7. Scroll to Advanced, press Ok.
8. Scroll to Install Application, press OK, Installing Application. This should not take long and will tell you when done and rebooting. Wait for it to finish rebooting.
9. Re-pair your phone.