2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the latest v3.0 build is available via the owner portal. It'll download as JR3T-14G381-AX and the new build version is 3.0.20204_PRODUCT. I'd wager this is USB download or Dealer install only. No OTA.

Reactions: Tall Timbers

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What enhancements does this have?
Haven't really been following it tbh as it didn't involve anything from my end. I think it's essentially all bug fixes and other quality related changes.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Looks like the latest v3.0 build is available via the owner portal. It'll download as JR3T-14G381-AX and the new build version is 3.0.20204_PRODUCT. I'd wager this is USB download or Dealer install only. No OTA.
Thank you for letting us know. You are the only source for correct information since the my owner page still does not acknowledge that I DO have the previous update.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Haven't really been following it tbh as it didn't involve anything from my end. I think it's essentially all bug fixes and other quality related changes.
Good to know. The carplay update finally worked for me via USB with no issues so I may not push my luck! If only I could do that update with Sync 2 on my mustang :(

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Titanium
10 Posts
I've given up trying to get mine to update. I punched my VIN in at the Owner website and it listed an available update. Downloaded the update (JR3T-14G381-AX), extracted the files to a freshly formatted (ExFAT) thumb drive, plugged it into the car and nothing. Tried downloading again, extracting onto another thumb drive, still nothing. Currently running 3.0 build 19205.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've given up trying to get mine to update. I punched my VIN in at the Owner website and it listed an available update. Downloaded the update (JR3T-14G381-AX), extracted the files to a freshly formatted (ExFAT) thumb drive, plugged it into the car and nothing. Tried downloading again, extracting onto another thumb drive, still nothing. Currently running 3.0 build 19205.
Do you use Windows or OS X?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I always update mine by wifi with no dramas in less than an hour with a 'kick start' method I use. If you are interested let me know..:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried both. First download and thumb drive formatting was done on my PC running Windows 10. Second download/formatting attempt was done on my Mac running Catalina. I tried both USB ports in the car, did a soft reset/reboot, all with no results. The light on the thumb drive flashes a few times after insertion and that's it. I also tried connecting to a WiFi network and checking for an OTA update, but nothing showed up.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So you scanned for updates on automatic wifi updates section?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, tried once using my iPhone as a hotspot, then parked close enough to connect to my home WiFi and checked again but it didn’t come back with an update.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Forgive my ignorance please but what do you mean by a 'soft reset'?
Did you do a factory/master reset of sync?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Forgive my ignorance please but what do you mean by a 'soft reset'?
Did you do a factory/master reset of sync?
Just a forced reboot, some people call it a soft reset, depends on who you ask I suppose. I haven’t done a master reset yet, but I’m thinking about it.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
554 Posts
Try using a USB 2.0 thumb drive and check your file structure.
All of the .tar files need to be in a directory called SyncMyRide and the only files in the root should be DONTINDX.MSA and the autoinstall.lst

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always update mine by wifi with no dramas in less than an hour with a 'kick start' method I use. If you are interested let me know..:)
Okay, I'm interested. What do you mean by "kick start" method? Can you give me the detailed steps? Thanks!

Also wondering … is this a free update? I got something from Ford that led me to believe I had to fork over $150, which I'm not going to do. Did you get it free?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried both. First download and thumb drive formatting was done on my PC running Windows 10. Second download/formatting attempt was done on my Mac running Catalina. I tried both USB ports in the car, did a soft reset/reboot, all with no results. The light on the thumb drive flashes a few times after insertion and that's it. I also tried connecting to a WiFi network and checking for an OTA update, but nothing showed up.
Did you see a drop down message about indexing the device at all? That would indicate some file structure issue as it should ignore it. What is the script in your autoinstall.lst? Di you have Nav/Non-Nav? If non, check if you have a Gracenotes version. It might be something got stuck, so all you need to do is tweak the label at the top to make it think it's a new update.

This one isn't available OTA.

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've never been able to update mine since I purchased my vehicle. I'm still on 2.0 and have downloaded onto USB but it constantly just says updating on the screen. More than abhor passes by and nothing ever updates. Last time I tried was about a year and half ago, tried multiple times before just giving up. i was planning on possibly taking it to the dealer for them to do it but I'm not even sure they would do it correctly and not mess something up.

I've done all of the reformatting and downloading on my MacBook Air and followed instructions on the Ford website exactly.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
.Duplicated by me in error.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
728 Posts
1. Normally you can do the updates by automatic wifi and there is a method to fast track it which I will send to you in a pm (conversation). Apparently this particular update is only available by USB as out friend @UofMEngineer pointed out.

2. The sync software updates are free. You are probably referring to the GPS map updates which can cost around $150.
I'm interested in the 'kickstart' method as well please. I don't even know if I can update from my initial version (2.0) to the latest without upgrading to previous versions first, maybe I can at least do one of the previous versions using your method.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Okay, I'm interested. What do you mean by "kick start" method? Can you give me the detailed steps? Thanks!

Also wondering … is this a free update? I got something from Ford that led me to believe I had to fork over $150, which I'm not going to do. Did you get it free?
1. Normally you can do the updates by automatic wifi and there is a method to fast track it.

Refer #317 on this thread for future reference:- Sync 3 ver 3.0 available now!

Apparently this particular update is only available by USB as our friend @UofMEngineer pointed out.

2. The sync software updates are free. You are probably referring to the GPS map updates which can cost around $150 from Ford.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts