2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did my update today and all appears successful with the product name and number that @UofMEngineer identified. Only issue is that instead of the 30 minutes identified by the Ford website, it gave a complete message after about 10 minutes. I waited the 30, and things appear to be nominal. I did the “report” back to Ford and it said it was successful. I will check back in a few days to confirm as that has been a message that seems to be a fail in the past.
Updated SYNC 3.0.v20204 got a complete message after about 10 minutes. Reported to FORD successful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, so much for automatic updates. I had 18093 and it never updated OTA. I went the USB route and followed Ford's instructions carefully. I went for a drive this morning expecting a long update. It took right at 15 minutes and rebooted once. That wasn't so hard, but I know a lot of people who would never have understood how to do this. They need to also include release notes for those of us who read them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yeah, so much for automatic updates. I had 18093 and it never updated OTA. I went the USB route and followed Ford's instructions carefully. I went for a drive this morning expecting a long update. It took right at 15 minutes and rebooted once. That wasn't so hard, but I know a lot of people who would never have understood how to do this. They need to also include release notes for those of us who read them.
That particular update 20204 was a USB only update only I believe, that is why it would not automatically update by wifi.
It was a small update for US vehicles only and that is the reason it only took around 15 minutes to update by USB. I had a similar small USB only update 20092 (Australia only) for my aussie Escape some time back and it also only took around 15 minutes to upload.

Normal sync updates for Ford Escape vehicles worldwide update successfully by wifi in my experience. I find it is better to 'scan for updates' in the automatic wifi section of sync to start them off when you know they are available and wait for the upload (around 60 minutes) rather than wait for them to update bit by bit over a period of time as they pick up the wifi signal briefly when you leave and return to your garage.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
8 Posts
Thanks to this forum I became aware of and updated both my 2017 CMax Energi and 2020 Escape. But I'm wondering, is there a way to receive email notifications of update availability? Shouldn't Ford notify it's customers?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Thanks to this forum I became aware of and updated both my 2017 CMax Energi and 2020 Escape. But I'm wondering, is there a way to receive email notifications of update availability? Shouldn't Ford notify it's customers?
The best way to avail yourself of sync updates is to become a member on the Ford owners site where you can view your profile to get the updates as they become available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The best way to avail yourself of sync updates is to become a member on the Ford owners site where you can view your profile to get the updates as they become available.
Thanks wiz043. I am on that site but maybe I need to do something to my profile to get the update notifications. I'll take a look.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Thanks wiz043. I am on that site but maybe I need to do something to my profile to get the update notifications. I'll take a look.
First, look to see if your vehicle is showing in the upper right.
If it is, find the "support" tab at the top and you will see a number of options. Look for Sync and sync update. Ford's menu system is a bit complicated but on mine there are some time lags, but the vin number is found and I am taken to a screen that tells me if there is an update. Fair warning, I have had and continue to have for some time problems with the site knowing that I have succesfully updated. I have 2024 installed but the site continues to report I do not even after successful confirmations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First, look to see if your vehicle is showing in the upper right.
If it is, find the "support" tab at the top and you will see a number of options. Look for Sync and sync update. Ford's menu system is a bit complicated but on mine there are some time lags, but the vin number is found and I am taken to a screen that tells me if there is an update. Fair warning, I have had and continue to have for some time problems with the site knowing that I have successfully updated. I have 2024 installed but the site continues to report I do not even after successful confirmations.
Thanks. Both my vehicles are shown, and I have every option for email notices (well, except racing) checked. I guess the best/only option is to keep going to the site, but since Sync upgrades are few and far between that not really productive. I was hoping to find an email list to be notified when an upgrade is available.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts