2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Sync 3.4.23088?

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  wiz043 
#1 ·
Interesting, my Ford Owners online account says my Sync 3.4 is up to date with 3.4.23088 however I am still showing 3.4.2251 on the car screen. ????

#2 ·
People on other Ford forums describe the same thing in recent days.
Perhaps the 3.4.23088 is a future update not out yet as Cyanlabs still quotes 3.4.22251, maps 2.21 as their latest update and they often release updates before the actual Ford system. Maybe Ford has jumped the gun on profiles before updates can be downloaded.

I am currently awaiting map updates through Cyanlabs as the last version (2.21) is now 2 years old and there has been a lot of new road infrastructure in my area that is not covered yet by my current maps so hopefully that may arrive with a new software update.

#3 ·
Cyan's forum also shows the app version as being the same as 3.4.22251, haven't seen where anyone has done an MD5 of it.
So this could either be a fluke on Ford's side where there were two different candidate builds that got posted to test and someone didn't update their CMDB correctly or they could be pulling the slight of hand some software companies used to pull where a patch had a bug in it. Instead re-releasing it with an incremental build number when it was fixed they kept the same name/number.

#5 ·
Cyanlabs have just advised that 3.4.23088 is now available with the later '22 maps.
Not sure about updates through Ford as I update with Cyanlabs for my earlier model.

#7 · (Edited)
I would say he used Cyanlabs as I don't think Ford have that update on their site yet.
Cyanlabs make it very clear that using their updates on 2020 + models with Sync 3 will probably brick the system.

I recently updated my earlier 2017 model to 3.4.23088, maps 2.22 through Cyanlabs with no issues as did many others on the Cyanlabs forum.

Saved A$187 on updated maps from Ford. 😛

#9 ·
Yep...as long as you advise that you have a 2020 model during the update but not sure whether you can get the latest maps this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.