2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The VIN for the neighbor's 2019 F150 gave the NA 2.20 for the download even though the dealer did his NA 2.20 map load last year, his son's 2020 F150 shows nothing available and it's on NA 2.20 as well.
I'm thinking there was a claw back on the release.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'm guessing this will be a 21 Release? So still over a year old ...
Yep...they have always been around a year old in the past. No doubt they cannot guarantee road changes etc. right up until the actual time of release.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep...they have always been around a year old in the past. No doubt they cannot guarantee road changes etc. right up until the actual time of release.
These are not like a physical SD card of the past where they have to actually manufacture SD cards with the software and that takes some time. These are software releases and could be up to date to at least a few months prior to the release. Hell, they could be updated up to January and be released as 01.22.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
These are not like a physical SD card of the past where they have to actually manufacture SD cards with the software and that takes some time. These are software releases and could be up to date to at least a few months prior to the release. Hell, they could be updated up to January and be released as 01.22.
That's correct...they could be just covering their backside and backdating the updates to be on the safe side as far as new roads, POI, facilities, whatever are concerned.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The 21 maps are posted. They updated fine for me in 40 minutes. I'm very disappointed the update doesn't include all the new MA interstate exit numbers. Presumably those will come next year. Sad!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Right now I plan to wait for the maps to update through wifi. Is there a way to "force" the car to start downloading the updated maps or do you just have to wait for it to happen on it's own. I tried checking for automatic updates but that came back saying the car is up to date. When checking for automatic updates is that just for sync 3 updates and not map updates?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Right now I plan to wait for the maps to update through wifi. Is there a way to "force" the car to start downloading the updated maps or do you just have to wait for it to happen on it's own. I tried checking for automatic updates but that came back saying the car is up to date. When checking for automatic updates is that just for sync 3 updates and not map updates?
Wifi auto updates will eventually update by themselves.
Also, in the automatic updates section on sync you can scan for updates but if there is nothing available it will often just continue to scan indefinitely. If the update is there it will start to update but you have to leave the motor running or ignition on and disable the 30 minute engine cutout as it may take up to an hour to upload.
Alternatively you can do what I do...start the car and update and then turn the engine off as the update will continue for 30 minutes anyway. I then come back and start the car again for the update to continue and then cut the engine as it normally completes in the next 30 minutes.
There are no map updates in these sync software updates.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
12 Posts
Really disappointed in this update. A road near us that has been in existence for over 3 years isn't shown, and some roads that have been in existence longer still don't show the speed limit. I didn't expect a new Interstate to be reflected, but no excuse for the other items. Is there a way we can provide feedback?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts