2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2016 Escape with Sync # touch screen.

I have 3 sets of preset Sirius stations. Pressing the next station button on the steering wheel only wraps though the current source set of 6 stations rather than scrolling through all 18 Sirius presets. Am I missing something or do I have to reach to the touch the source button on the screen to advance to the next batch of Sirius presets? Is there an option to control the source from the steering wheel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The M button on the steering wheel will advance from the first batch to the second, and from the second batch to the third. Unfortunately from the third, it continues to the other sources and you need to press it about 10 times to get to the first batch again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just read where I can manually go in an skip all the channels I don't want to listen to when scrolling through the channels. Will take some time but maybe I will do that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
In my Sirius subscription, I would never ever listen to about 2/3 of the stations. However, some of them do change periodically. And others carry the local broadcasts of NFL games. So I wouldn't want to delete any stations from the manual scroll list. A better solution would be a batch of say 20 or 30 favorite Sirius stations, but the radio software limits you to 6 stations x 3 batches, with the limitation I wrote earlier that the M button won't wrap around from the third batch to the first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks for the info. I listen to about 11 different stations. I'm also someone who is switching channels all the time lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The M button on the steering wheel will advance from the first batch to the second, and from the second batch to the third. Unfortunately from the third, it continues to the other sources and you need to press it about 10 times to get to the first batch again.
This maybe a silly question. But where is the M button on the steering wheel? Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well on mine, it is in the middle of the buttons on the right side. Up/down are the volume, and left/right are forward/backward in the current batch of presets, M is in the middle and changes to the next batch of presets or media source (AM1 - AM AST - FM1 - FM2 - FM AST - SIRIUS 1-2-3 - Bluetooth - A/V - USB).

I suppose this could be different for different model years and/or different radios.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well on mine, it is in the middle of the buttons on the right side. Up/down are the volume, and left/right are forward/backward in the current batch of presets, M is in the middle and changes to the next batch of presets or media source (AM1 - AM AST - FM1 - FM2 - FM AST - SIRIUS 1-2-3 - Bluetooth - A/V - USB).

I suppose this could be different for different model years and/or different radios.
Okay thanks. The button in the middle of mine is for the voice command. I’ve tried to hold it down or press it quickly and it just gives out the commands. Must be different features on different models as you said.

·
Registered
263 Posts
This page from the 2014 manual appears to show two options for the radio controls on the steering wheel. I have "Type 1" and I also have a pod that looks like "Type 2" except it only controls the phone and voice controls. Maybe you have only "Type 2" which tries to combine everything into one set of buttons and does not have the M (mode, or audio source) button.

Watch Font Clock Auto part Automotive lighting

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where yours has an M in picture 1, mine has has the voice command button. Mine also has the pick up or hang up phone on the same button cluster on the wheel. buttons.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Where yours has an M in picture 1, mine has has the voice command button. Mine also has the pick up or hang up phone on the same button cluster on the wheel. buttons.
Yep..same as mine. I believe the 2016 model and onward were like yours and like in this model although the speedo etc. is different here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts