2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since this seems to be depressingly common, I figured I'd make a separate thread for it to avoid further clogging of other threads. If you're having trouble updating to v3.0 (or any version really), shoot me a PM or ask with the details of:

1) What error do you see?
2) When?
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package?
4) Vehicle model year
5) Region, in case your from across the pond/s.

Since there are several different variants that folks have run into based of the above, namely #3 , there's no blanket solution that'll work for everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question: My update was successful. However I forgot that Ford wants that .xml file the update creates so they can track updates to our vehicle. (I formatted the flash drive when finished.) Is there a workaround?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also successfully update my 2018 SEL a few weeks ago to the sync 3 ver3.0 and submitted the .xml with feedback saying the file was accepted. However, when I check the tracking of my sync software installed on the owner.ford.com site it shows version SYNC3V2.3 installed Nov 28, 2017......the day my car was built.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Link up to a WiFi network and eventually it'll update. Several folks have done that and noticed it updates that way. You might be able to re-run only the package responsible for the xml generation, but I've never tried that myself.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Link up to a WiFi network and eventually it'll update. Several folks have done that and noticed it updates that way. You might be able to re-run only the package responsible for the xml generation, but I've never tried that myself.
Are there any adverse stuations that would arise if an owner did not report? As previously noted in other threads, in the past, this portion of the update (via USB) seems a little flaky. No problem with this update however.

·
Registered
17 Posts
when i'm done updating via usb I just check for update over wifi and my owners account always updates to say the version of sync 3 I have installed, I never upload the.xml file.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are there any adverse stuations that would arise if an owner did not report? As previously noted in other threads, in the past, this portion of the update (via USB) seems a little flaky. No problem with this update however.
I think only thing is the Ford side would think you're on older s/w if it's never notified of the update somehow.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, i'm from chile, and i have a escape 2017, but in the page owner.ford.com the update not appear, in fact my VIN number is not accepted, someone know why?
I believe that site is specific to North America. Not sure if there is an equivalent for FSA or Chile.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I think only thing is the Ford side would think you're on older s/w if it's never notified of the update somehow.
But would that fact somehow adversly affect future updates? ie. Would Ford then make me download the earlier update that had not been reported installed before I could do anything with the latest update? For example, if I never reported a successful 3.0 update and then a 3.2 became available, would that mess up me getting the 3.2???

Inquiring minds want to know:D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I imagine that'd depend on what upgrade paths they choose to support for any later release.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've noticed since the update that if I'm using CarPlay and then disconnect my phone, the system audio defaults to "off" and my phone disconnects from bluetooth. Prior to the update, the system would revert back to whatever radio station was playing before I connected my phone and my phone would stay connected via bluetooth. Has anyone else seen these bugs?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was having the MEM_ERR03 on a 2016 Non-Nav unit and I've tried a bunch of different stuff to get it to work. Tried to split it into two parts and now I have v3 but gracenotes is blank. I can't PM you because of lack of posts. Any help you could provide we be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1) What error do you see? no gracenote version
2) When? after I tried the split install
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package? not sure what to try
4) Vehicle model year 2016 Non-Nav
5) Region, in case your from across the pond/s. U.S.

1 - 20 of 773 Posts
About this Discussion
772 Replies
191 Participants
UofMEngineer
2013+ Ford Escape Forum
On Ford Escape Forum discover news, discussions, service tips, & technical help for your 2013+ Escape.
Full Forum Listing