2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

941 - 952 of 952 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried updating via WIFI and downloading to usb. I downloaded the update file to my computer, unzipped and copied to a properly formatted thumb drive. When I insert the drive in the usb port in my car the dash display has a message that it recognizes the drive but nothing happens after that. No error message. Three phone calls to Ford Sync support this morning got me no where. What next?

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Every time I've updated my Ford Escape or Truck's sync 3 software it's been a unique experience. One time in the truck it seemed to fail but I think it continued via wifi and took care of itself after I finally gave up, parked it in the garage... and wondered what to do.

How much time did you give it?

I would try deleting everything off the usb drive, make sure it's formatted ex-fat, copy files back onto the USB drive and try again.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #944
When you say you see a message...what does that message say? Updating... or did you see something about Indexing? If the latter, you likely have the files on the thumb drive incorrectly.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
904 Posts
I have tried updating via WIFI and downloading to usb. I downloaded the update file to my computer, unzipped and copied to a properly formatted thumb drive. When I insert the drive in the usb port in my car the dash display has a message that it recognizes the drive but nothing happens after that. No error message. Three phone calls to Ford Sync support this morning got me no where. What next?
Have sent you a private message in your profile (conversations). :)

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
I merged your thread with the existing thread on this issue. A quick search would have found it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchase a 2016 f150 with navigation and tried updating from sync version 1 to 3 today and receive an error saying out of space or not compatible. I talked with ford tech support who told me to do a Master reset and try again. I did this with no success. I've read that you should break some of your files up but all i see are ones that have the lst file already broke apart (non nav i assume). Mine does not look like this. I've attached an image of what my lst file looks like. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I just purchase a 2016 f150 with navigation and tried updating from sync from version 1 to 3 today and receive an error saying out of space or not compatible. I talked with ford tech support who told me to do a Master reset and try again. I did this with no success. I've read that you should break some of your files up but all i see are ones that have the lst file already broke apart (non nav i assume). Mine does not look like this. I've attached an image of what my lst file looks like. Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 76844
Best bet is to search and read posts on this topic here AND hope it applies to your F150. Alternatively you can get to a F150 forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best bet is to search and read posts on this topic here AND hope it applies to your F150. Alternatively you can get to a F150 forum.
Ralph-
I've read through all the 48 pages here and did a search with no luck. The reason i posted here was there seems to be some really knowledgeable people on here that i dont see elsewhere

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Ralph-
I've read through all the 48 pages here and did a search with no luck. The reason i posted here was there seems to be some really knowledgeable people on here that i dont see elsewhere
Best bet then is to PM uofmengineer. I do know that Sync is similar but likely not same between models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best bet then is to PM uofmengineer. I do know that Sync is similar but likely not same between models.
Thanks Ralph. I will reach out to him. What is odd is yesterday it updated over wifi but now my navigation will not work. I looked at the about and the maps version is blank.

Has anybody seen this and have a fix?

941 - 952 of 952 Posts