2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

SYNC 3 Update Fixes - MEM_ERR03, Gracenotes, etc.

581K views 1K replies 271 participants last post by  Manja 
#1 ·
So, since this seems to be depressingly common, I figured I'd make a separate thread for it to avoid further clogging of other threads. If you're having trouble updating to v3.0 (or any version really), shoot me a PM or ask with the details of:

1) What error do you see?
2) When?
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package?
4) Vehicle model year
5) Region, in case your from across the pond/s.

Since there are several different variants that folks have run into based of the above, namely #3 , there's no blanket solution that'll work for everyone.

#3 ·
I also successfully update my 2018 SEL a few weeks ago to the sync 3 ver3.0 and submitted the .xml with feedback saying the file was accepted. However, when I check the tracking of my sync software installed on the owner.ford.com site it shows version SYNC3V2.3 installed Nov 28, 2017......the day my car was built.

#5 ·
Are there any adverse stuations that would arise if an owner did not report? As previously noted in other threads, in the past, this portion of the update (via USB) seems a little flaky. No problem with this update however.

#14 ·
I've noticed since the update that if I'm using CarPlay and then disconnect my phone, the system audio defaults to "off" and my phone disconnects from bluetooth. Prior to the update, the system would revert back to whatever radio station was playing before I connected my phone and my phone would stay connected via bluetooth. Has anyone else seen these bugs?

#16 ·
#17 ·
I was having the MEM_ERR03 on a 2016 Non-Nav unit and I've tried a bunch of different stuff to get it to work. Tried to split it into two parts and now I have v3 but gracenotes is blank. I can't PM you because of lack of posts. Any help you could provide we be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1) What error do you see? no gracenote version
2) When? after I tried the split install
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package? not sure what to try
4) Vehicle model year 2016 Non-Nav
5) Region, in case your from across the pond/s. U.S.

#21 ·
I was getting the MEM_ERR03 on a 2016 Non-Nav unit. I split the install into two parts and now I have v3 but gracenotes is blank. Thanks for your help!

2) When? after I tried the split install
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package? nothing attempted
4) Vehicle model year 2016 Non-Nav

#24 ·
I attempted the 3.0 USB install. Each time the install would auto reboot and prompt that the second part of the install needed to complete after an ignition restart, but when I restarted the Escape, my version was still 2.3. I finally got the version to update to 3.0 after multiple different formats and USB sticks. Now I have no Gracenote version and the deck keeps prompting to connect to wireless and update which when I attempt to update over wireless, it always says no update needed.

2) When? after 2.3 to 3.0 update
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package? I've tried different USB sticks and formats
4) Vehicle model year 2018 Non-Nav

#28 ·
They aren't vehicle specific, only region and nav/non-nav. There are some differences in special files used during the update for MY16 as the non-nav is a different sized part for that MY. I digress. Provide the info above and I'll shoot over what to try.

#29 ·
Sorry, forgot to include this on my initial post. Any help is appreciated.

1) What error do you see? -- MEM_ERR03
2) When? -- Approx. 3 minutes once USB is recognized and Updating Software shows on screen.
3) Have you tried anything on your own to fix it, e.g. install a different package? -- Called Customer Service, they were and was told to do a Master Reset, turn off car, open driver door and wait till radio turns off and shut door, wait 5 minutes, then try again. Still same issue. Tried Wifi Updates in Truck and still nothing happened.
4) Vehicle model year -- 2016 Ford F150 (Non-Nav)
5) Region, in case your from across the pond/s. -- US

Attachments

#31 ·
Cannot update to 3.0... need help!

I am a proud owner of a 2017 Titanium. I am currently at 2.3 and want to upgrade to 3.0. (I upgraded my Sync to 2.3 and had no issues) I downloaded and unzipped the files on a flash drive as I did before. When it comes to installing it to the car, it starts the downloading the upgrade, and after close to ten minutes, I get a screen that says that the upgrade is complete and that I can remove the usb drive and shut down the car. I know in the past, there was a "dummy" upgrade complete notice that you get, but the upgrade continues until you get the final notice. However in my case, I only get that one notice and that is all. After waiting over five minutes to start the car again, nothing happens. There is no installation of the new software. I check the version number and it is still 2.3. I have tried to download it over wifi, but whenever it checks, it says that I have the current version. I have contacted Ford and they keep on reiterating the steps and I explain to them that I do not get those steps. I have reformatted the flash drive a number of times... downloaded the files a number of times (both through Chrome and Safari)... but I always get a failed installation after all those different attempts. I have stumped Ford on this.

Has anyone experienced the same thing that I am going through?

Thanks in advance.

#32 ·
I am a proud owner of a 2017 Titanium. I am currently at 2.3 and want to upgrade to 3.0. (I upgraded my Sync to 2.3 and had no issues) I downloaded and unzipped the files on a flash drive as I did before. When it comes to installing it to the car, it starts the downloading the upgrade, and after close to ten minutes, I get a screen that says that the upgrade is complete and that I can remove the usb drive and shut down the car. I know in the past, there was a "dummy" upgrade complete notice that you get, but the upgrade continues until you get the final notice. However in my case, I only get that one notice and that is all. After waiting over five minutes to start the car again, nothing happens. There is no installation of the new software. I check the version number and it is still 2.3. I have tried to download it over wifi, but whenever it checks, it says that I have the current version. I have contacted Ford and they keep on reiterating the steps and I explain to them that I do not get those steps. I have reformatted the flash drive a number of times... downloaded the files a number of times (both through Chrome and Safari)... but I always get a failed installation after all those different attempts. I have stumped Ford on this.

Has anyone experienced the same thing that I am going through?

Thanks in advance.
I merged your thread to this existing thread on 3.0 upgrade issues.

#48 ·
I have updated my sync 3 to v3.0 two months ago. Except the "wifi network available" pop up, everything works fine. This morning it suddenly shows an update. However, the downloading process stuck at 0 forever as shown in the attached pic. What kind of update is that? What new features included? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

#49 ·
As far as that specific file goes, believe it's Gracenote.