2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks. I wasn't sure that I was at the right place to send a PM. I had never heard of a board "conversation" before. Thanks for the reassurance, and no hurry about the info.
Sent. Just yell if you need help.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
68 Posts
Okay did the map update (after 4 hours last night getting everything downloaded and set up on a USB, yikes $40 USD for a prepared Thumbdrive is cheap if you figure this amount of time to do it)

But that 60 minutes to install the map was actually less time than it took, ended up being 70 minutes on my Escape and one reboot in between.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Okay did the map update (after 4 hours last night getting everything downloaded and set up on a USB, yikes $40 USD for a prepared Thumbdrive is cheap if you figure this amount of time to do it)

But that 60 minutes to install the map was actually less time than it took, ended up being 70 minutes on my Escape and one reboot in between.

NefCanuck
Does voice work for Nav? One reboot is one too few.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does voice work for Nav? One reboot is one too few.
Forgot to try it out (went back to CarPlay as soon as the "Part 2" install said restart the car to finish the install)

Will do it in the next day or so, never actually used the in car voice navigation

NefCanuck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Forgot to try it out (went back to CarPlay as soon as the "Part 2" install said restart the car to finish the install)

Will do it in the next day or so, never actually used the in car voice navigation

NefCanuck
Gotcha. Yes depending on where you pull it, you can miss several map chunks (first restart) or the last map chunk and all voice chunks (pulled at second auto restart). You can check for what’s installed in the IVSU Versions screen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gotcha. Yes depending on where you pull it, you can miss several map chunks (first restart) or the last map chunk and all voice chunks (pulled at second auto restart). You can check for what’s installed in the IVSU Versions screen.
Okay it did tell me on the status screen that the 119 map was installed but now you have me wondering...

NefCanuck

·
Registered
71 Posts
My SYNC 3 status on the Ford Owners site did update to my recent install of SYNC 3 Version 3.4.43 but shows this as status ........"Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19200) is up to date." Interesting, Build 19200 not Build 20136 as indicated in my vehicle, weird. Maybe due to the missing 14G391-CL file. I was at Build 19200 with SYNC 3V3. Not a problem as it appears all is working correctly, but just strange.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Okay it did tell me on the status screen that the 119 map was installed but now you have me wondering...

NefCanuck
Do you know how to jump into the IVSU Versions screen to check? That version string updates right away so it provides a false sense of security.
My SYNC 3 status on the Ford Owners site did update to my recent install of SYNC 3 Version 3.4.43 but shows this as status ........"Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19200) is up to date." Interesting, Build 19200 not Build 20136 as indicated in my vehicle, weird. Maybe due to the missing 14G391-CL file. I was at Build 19200 with SYNC 3V3. Not a problem as it appears all is working correctly, but just strange.
May be because the update downloads are down still and it hasn’t processes the XML yet.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
How does one do this?
Turn on the radio. Press and hold the seek forward/right buttons on the steering wheel and the IP for 10 seconds. Cancel the speaker walk around test when it starts. Select APIM button in upper left, IVSU Versions in lower right. Then you can see what is active on the system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you know how to jump into the IVSU Versions screen to check? That version string updates right away so it provides a false sense of security.

May be because the update downloads are down still and it hasn’t processes the XML yet.
This is the message I get now as of this morning from the update sync section of the Ford website:

Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19274) is up to date.

Colour me really confused now, this is worse than Windows 10 updating...

NefCanuck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This is the message I get now as of this morning from the update sync section of the Ford website:

Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.19274) is up to date.

Colour me really confused now, this is worse than Windows 10 updating...

NefCanuck
I think / hope they're working on fixing the updates, so it's rolled back to not serving them. Everyone is seeing an error or that they're "up-to-date" at this time.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
FYI if you’re looking for the update, check back around end of week or weekend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of mentions about time. Just something I read lately, the transfer rate on thumb drives can vary considerably. There are reasons that a $4.95 thumb drive only costs $4.95. Name brand thumb drives, that do cost more, do tend to perform better. The faster the transfer rate, the less time for some "hiccup" to occur.
Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, it seems it's slowly rolling out now. This is 3.4.20136. No idea why they decided to go with 3.4.43, maybe "easier" to digest or something. You'll never find release notes for these though, so don't expect much. My bit is, at a high level, covered in the voice thread.
Thanks for the info. Didn’t realize you worked for Ford. I have a complaint about our 17 Escape S regarding drivers seat If you interested. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of mentions about time. Just something I read lately, the transfer rate on thumb drives can vary considerably. There are reasons that a $4.95 thumb drive only costs $4.95. Name brand thumb drives, that do cost more, do tend to perform better. The faster the transfer rate, the less time for some "hiccup" to occur.
Just some food for thought.
But do you know whether the USB ports (A or C) in the Escape are the 3.+ standard or not?

In my case I was using a USB-A 3.0 thumbdrive (and maybe that's why it went faster to do the updates to SYNC/maps?)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
137 Posts
But do you know whether the USB ports (A or C) in the Escape are the 3.+ standard or not?

In my case I was using a USB-A 3.0 thumbdrive (and maybe that's why it went faster to do the updates to SYNC/maps?)

NefCanuck
I don't know. I was just making a statement that as far as the transfer rate goes, on thumb drives, you get what you pay for, it seems.

Reactions: NefCanuck

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 19 Escape, non-VAV, is at Sync 3.0 build 19205 and Ford's website says it's up to date. When I upgraded to the 19205 build I didn't know to run the XML file when complete. I tried to reinstall the 19205 build to recreate the XML file and then run it in hopes of Ford's site then letting me download 3.4 for the Escape, but it didn't create the XML file and says this in the utlogging file.

InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated

I do have a copy of Sync 3.4 that I downloaded for m 19 Mustang with NAV and I wonder if I can just install that on my 19 Escape?

Anyone know how to get into the APIM Sync diagnostics on our Escape? I just went through all of this on my 19 Mustang (without CD) where I can access APIM by pressing the steering wheel "Scan up" button along with the Sync "Scan up" button, but this doesn't work on my non-CD Escape.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My 19 Escape, non-VAV, is at Sync 3.0 build 19205 and Ford's website says it's up to date. When I upgraded to the 19205 build I didn't know to run the XML file when complete. I tried to reinstall the 19205 build to recreate the XML file and then run it in hopes of Ford's site then letting me download 3.4 for the Escape, but it didn't create the XML file and says this in the utlogging file.

InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated

I do have a copy of Sync 3.4 that I downloaded for m 19 Mustang with NAV and I wonder if I can just install that on my 19 Escape?

Anyone know how to get into the APIM Sync diagnostics on our Escape? I just went through all of this on my 19 Mustang (without CD) where I can access APIM by pressing the steering wheel "Scan up" button along with the Sync "Scan up" button, but this doesn't work on my non-CD Escape.
No, it won’t let you install 3.4. That would brick the module actually. The diag access is the same though. Did you have the radio on when you tried it?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts