2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Titanium. 300 miles on it so there's always a good possibility that this is operator error.
Listening to XM and suddenly the Synch screen went black. Couldn't turn off the radio from the master button. The volume control did work. The instrument panel display gave me the music symbol and the words "Su Nom"
Restarted the car and I'm back to normal. Any ideas? Heap scorn on me if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
2020 Titanium. 300 miles on it so there's always a good possibility that this is operator error.
Listening to XM and suddenly the Synch screen went black. Couldn't turn off the radio from the master button. The volume control did work. The instrument panel display gave me the music symbol and the words "Su Nom"
Restarted the car and I'm back to normal. Any ideas? Heap scorn on me if needed.
Sometimes the sync computer gets confused. The car engine cycle will usually do the trick. Would not worry too much at this point unless it’s bad behavior continues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I had it happen one time on my 2013 Escape Titanium and it reset itself, too. I'm still not familiar enough with the new one to be confident that it isn't me doing something that caused it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That happened on my 2011 Mustang a few months ago. After restarting the car 2 or 3 times it's back to normal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't seen it go black, but sometimes carplay will stop working. Generally turning the car off and coming back to it in 15 minutes which power cycles the unit seems to fix it.

These radios are turned on with a can bus signal. If for some reason that stops coming it'll turn back off. Signal comes from the Body Control Module. If the APIM is offline the radio will turn off so if your radio didn't turn off sounds like a software glitch with the APIM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't seen it go black, but sometimes carplay will stop working. Generally turning the car off and coming back to it in 15 minutes which power cycles the unit seems to fix it.

These radios are turned on with a can bus signal. If for some reason that stops coming it'll turn back off. Signal comes from the Body Control Module. If the APIM is offline the radio will turn off so if your radio didn't turn off sounds like a software glitch with the APIM.
I’ve had this issue as well (I have a thread a few down from this one detailing my issues).
I’ve found some mostly repeatable success using the “reset” button combo.
Hold down the power button and the “forward” button on the radio controls.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve had this issue as well (I have a thread a few down from this one detailing my issues).
I’ve found some mostly repeatable success using the “reset” button combo.
Hold down the power button and the “forward” button on the radio controls.
I actually haven't had the carplay issue on this car, but my Lincoln did it.

Is that the combo that puts it into test mode or whatever? I haven't tried it on my Escape yet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I actually haven't had the carplay issue on this car, but my Lincoln did it.

Is that the combo that puts it into test mode or whatever? I haven't tried it on my Escape yet.
That button combo just reboots the infotainment computer system without shutting down the rest of the car.
No idea what the command for test mode or anything else would be.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yep, the power + seek forward press and hold is the reboot of SYNC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts