2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,014 Posts

Personally I use Pennzoil since it uses a natural gas base.
If you're one that's not big on brand and just want one that meets Ford's spec, CostCo full synthetic ($25/10 qts) is made by Warren and they're one of the top blenders in the country.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Pennzoil Platinum 5/30
Just switched over to Ultra
Have used this oil over 5 years
now have 104,000 miles
bought car with 38,000 miles on it
just bought 2 5 quart jugs of Ultra for $49.00.

·
Registered
2020 escape se awd
58 Posts
I just got back from visiting the BTOG site it is very technically complicated got out with little time to spare before my brain went to warp. Way to much information to digest for a simple guy like me. mike

·
Registered
'18 Titanium AWD
2 Posts

Personally I use Pennzoil since it uses a natural gas base.
If you're one that's not big on brand and just want one that meets Ford's spec, CostCo full synthetic ($25/10 qts) is made by Warren and they're one of the top blenders in the country.
As Far As I Can Tell, Costco (Kirkland Signature) 5w30 does not meet my 18 2.0's required WSS-M2C946-B1 specification. Not all that many oils meet that spec.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
486 Posts
As Far As I Can Tell, Costco (Kirkland Signature) 5w30 does not meet my 18 2.0's required WSS-M2C946-B1 specification. Not all that many oils meet that spec....
WSS-M2C946-B1 is a Ford internal oil specification. Use of internal specs on packaging is marketing. This oil meets industry specs API SN+ and ILSAC GF-5, and appears to be marketed for GM cars. I wouldn't expect a Ford number on oil aimed at GM owners, even if it meets Ford specs.

Literature from 2018 says the Ford spec WSS-M2C946-B1 meets SN+/GF-5 so you should be fine. If you're concerned, use SP/GF-6, the latest upgrade to oil specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts