Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here ya go

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing this. I find the pricing not bad at all. $36K’sh for a fairly fully loaded titanium.
No problem. Been waiting for it since our new batch of work provided vehicles are coming up, I get a new one in the spring of 2020. Albeit we get base model S but get to choose a color and a handful of the limited options if we want to pay for them, I usually don't. I do like the green color. Interesting to see even the base ones come with Ford 360. For our own personal vehicles we aren't in the market for a year or two more....I'll wait out the first year redesign issues.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow, very sparse on the options/packages, at least until you get to the SEL. Can't even get fog lights with the SE anymore. At least they added heated side mirrors for the SE as standard.

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium / 2021 Ford Bronco Sport OB+
70 Posts
Is now live...

And all I can say is...Wow, Ford really is not doing Canada any favors here with the model selection nor the pricing as compared to the previous generation.....

Hybrid only available in Titanium model at a base of $38,499 +taxes (FWD version). USA gets first crack at the hybrid in SE trim....

And limited options in general in the trim selections.

Not sure how I feel about this as I really was debating the hybrid, but that price point is a little steep. Would have been nice to see it available in a lower trim.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,184 Posts
Is now live...

And all I can say is...Wow, Ford really is not doing Canada any favors here with the model selection nor the pricing as compared to the previous generation.....

Hybrid only available in Titanium model at a base of $38,499 +taxes (FWD version). USA gets first crack at the hybrid in SE trim....

And limited options in general in the trim selections.

Not sure how I feel about this as I really was debating the hybrid, but that price point is a little steep. Would have been nice to see it available in a lower trim.
I find the Canadian pricing to be pretty good. Really close to what I been pricing out for the last few model years. It might be slightly higher, but you get more options included as standard. Like the Ford Copilot. I didn’t find it to be lacking choice as most was included as standard equipment. Was there an option you wanted that wasn’t included? Besides the hybrids in the SE trim, like the US. I personally couldn’t find anything that I couldn’t get in the Titanium trim, that I could in a 2019 version.

Maybe Ford is moving to what some other manufacturers are doing. Limiting options that you can pick by just including it as standard equipment. I would imagine this would be cheaper to manufacture as you wouldn’t have to produce multiple different variations of a trim to cover the different option choices a consumer would want.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Maybe Ford is moving to what some other manufacturers are doing. Limiting options that you can pick by just including it as standard equipment. I would imagine this would be cheaper to manufacture as you wouldn’t have to produce multiple different variations of a trim to cover the different option choices a consumer would want.
This.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
Yep, the industry overall is evolving in response to competitive realities, some figured it out sooner than others.

May not please 'all the people all the time', but did it ever? ( I think not ;) )

Reactions: Gryffindor101

·
Registered
694 Posts
Here ya go

Thanks for the link.
It's a bit buggy. I configured an SEL with the 2.0L and the summary shows the 1.5L engine.

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium / 2021 Ford Bronco Sport OB+
70 Posts
Once I converted to US dollars, ok, pricing isn't all that bad, but you make a good point here, and this makes more sense. In previous years, you could take an SEL, add up the options and have a poor man's Titanium without the nameplate. This is a little more clear cut and as stated, likely streamlines the manufacturing costs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.