1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,368 Posts
my 2013 escape titanium uses D3S Hid bulbs
they are both low beam and high beam
the high beam bulb is Halogen H1
Factory HIDs are D3s, Bi Xenon are a third party kit to put HIDs in a halogen housing.
The Low is a HID capsule, the High is either a paired halogen mounted parallel in the same lens or a magnetic tilt of the capsule (as in the 9007 used for a 2000-2007 Taurus).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone for the answer. Maybe I'll tell you what the problem is. Escape was brought from Canada to Europe. Someone put on lamps other than those from the USA. Now the lamps shine, that the hid is low beam, and the long is cornering light. I need a diagram to check how the lights were connected in the US. "Adaptiv bixenon" is set in forscan / ucds configuration. Would anyone have a diagram for me to compare?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The US model never had adaptive headlights so that ForScan setting wouldn't apply.
On the headlamp housing the inner beam is the low beam and the outer is the high beam, there is no cornering light in this configuration. Cornering lights are only standard on the Ti with factory HIDS and those are a separate 921 bulb.
What is the trim level of the car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is how it is set up (sorry not the whole picture). Now I have kuga mk2 lamps. I have to do leveling and sprinklers. I want the usa diagram to check the pins. USA lamps may be powered differently than EU lamps. I want to convert the lamps to EU. There is nothing I can do without lamp diagrams, because I do not know where the lamp plugs are supplied from.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,716 Posts
It's been discussed in the past that US and Euro headlight plugs are different.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Factory HIDs are D3s, Bi Xenon are a third party kit to put HIDs in a halogen housing.
The Low is a HID capsule, the High is either a paired halogen mounted parallel in the same lens or a magnetic tilt of the capsule (as in the 9007 used for a 2000-2007 Taurus).
This is partially incorrect. Modern Bi Xenon headlights are when an HID projector operates as both the low and high beams by moving a flip mechanism inside the projector that moves the cut off line up or down. The Bi Xenon describes the function of the projector, not the bulbs. Most if not all factory HID headlights are Bi Xenon. If equipped the supplemental halogen fixtures are just that, supplemental to the HID high beams.

To the OP, I only have wiring diagrams for prefacelift models of the Escape. I don't know if they changed plugs on the facelifted models, but if you think it may help, I can get you a couple pictures of the diagrams.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
From the Ford shop manual, US HID is a 14 pin connector not the 16 pin shown.

Factory Halogen

RH C1285A
1 BU-GN Low Beam
2 VT-OG High Beam
3 -----
4 BK-GY Ground

RH C1285B
1 BK GY Ground
2 BU OG Marker

LH C1284A
1 BN-BU Low Beam
2 GY-BN High Beam
3 -----
4 BK-YE Ground

LH C1284B
1 BY YE Ground
2 YE BU Marker

Factory HID
LH C1021A
1 -----
2 -----
3 -----
4 GY BN High Beam
5 BK YE Ground
6 BK YE Ground
7 BN GN Cornering Lamp
8 -----
9 GY BN High Beam Shutter
10 BN BU Low Beam
11 -----
12 -----
13 VT WH Fuse DRL Strip
14 GN OG Marker

RH C1041A
1 -----
2 -----
3 -----
4 VT OG High Beam
5 BK GY Ground
6 BK GY Ground
7 GY OG Cornering Lamp
8 -----
9 VT OG High Beam Shutter
10 BU GN Low Beam
11 -----
12 -----
13 VT WH Fuse DRL Strip
14 BN YE Marker

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the description of the plugins. 16 pin is EU. Someone changed the plugs and did not check the power supplies. Now a request for these power supplies. So what are the high beam and dipped beam lights connected to, i.e. pins 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14. Is it only to BCM, HCM? Which BCM and HCM pins are they connected to? If they differ from EU then I have to convert.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Both of the Escape pin outs are in my post above.
The Escape for the 2013-2019 model years only had the option for HIDs (in the Ti) or Halogen.
US models have never had an adaptive headlamp option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The above post describes the pins of the lamp plug. I need a power description. For example, pin 4 (high beam) is powered from the BCM socket C3 pin 8 (C3-8). Does anyone have this information?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts