2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

241 - 260 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2020 escape se awd
51 Posts
In addition to the remote start missing on the fob I too thought the price of the car was to high. But the fords safety features were a must have. mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
6. Still havent fully figured out the touch locks / unlocking on the outside door handle.
Should be able to unlock them by touching the back side of the handle. Lock them by touching the end of the handle (where the lines are). Mine works about 95% of the time, but every once in a while I have to touch it twice.

8. No remote start on the key fob (but can do in app).
That is pretty weird. You'd think if it has remote start capability (which it does, since you can do it with the app) that would be included on the fob.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No plastic organizing tray in the center console for keys, change etc. Anybody find a solution for this?
Got one on Amazon, also bought cups that fit in the door pull area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pending confirmation, but the Tow Package for Hybrids is just a dealer-installed hitch that mounts below the bumper. Was hoping it was a factory install that sits up higher, notched into the bumper. Only the 2.0L Ecoboost gets the proper install plus trans cooler.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
20 Posts
Pending confirmation, but the Tow Package for Hybrids is just a dealer-installed hitch that mounts below the bumper. Was hoping it was a factory install that sits up higher, notched into the bumper. Only the 2.0L Ecoboost gets the proper install plus trans cooler.
There is a trans cooler on my 2020 2.0 Titanium Ecoboost with the factory tow setup?

Sent from my rotary phone using Tapatalk.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Wanted to remind everyone that this thread is what you don’t like about your 2020 and newer Escape. Can other discussions be moved to the appropriate threads.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Premium 2.0 Hybrid
11 Posts
I still can't get over the one snowfall I drove through this winter. Not even a snow storm - but the max defroster and rear defroster were not enough to keep my windshield reasonably clear. If it wasn't for the heated seats, those of us in the front seats would have been achingly cold, just like the backseat passenger. I know hybrids don't generate as much heat but I assumed the vehicle was designed to at least stay warm during light snow and temps barely below freezing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I still can't get over the one snowfall I drove through this winter. Not even a snow storm - but the max defroster and rear defroster were not enough to keep my windshield reasonably clear. If it wasn't for the heated seats, those of us in the front seats would have been achingly cold, just like the backseat passenger. I know hybrids don't generate as much heat but I assumed the vehicle was designed to at least stay warm during light snow and temps barely below freezing.
That is troubling.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
143 Posts
That's weird, I drove through a number of cold days and snowfalls up here in Canada and never had issues with the defroster and rear defroster being unable to keep up with the weather.

With my back issues the heated seats are pretty much a necessity when it is cold, though my heat seats go from "mild" to "BBQ" without a reasonable middle point (the mid level is just as warm as high to me) so...

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Premium 2.0 Hybrid
11 Posts
I'm dropping the Eskape off at the dealer tonight. The Pedestrian Alert Sounder has had a fault since the third time I drove it (in the winter); I assumed it was due to ice. Maybe the issues are related, hopefully an easy fix!🤞

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
26 Posts
In addition to the remote start missing on the fob I too thought the price of the car was to high. But the fords safety features were a must have. mike
That's odd. My remote has the remote start button on it. You should still be able to use remote start through the MyFord app.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's odd. My remote has the remote start button on it. You should still be able to use remote start through the MyFord app.
Some have remote start availability by key fob, but not all. FordPass app is available for remote start though

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I only have two main complaints - the first is the 8-speed transmission: Overall, I like it; it provides a smooth driving experience and does not hunt for gears. BUT - 2nd and 3rd gears are way too close together, and then 4th is way too far above 3rd with virtually no overlap. I live in the mountains and need to downshift a lot on some pretty steep hills. You cannot even force this thing to go into 3rd unless you are under 45 MPH, and 4th does not provide enough braking to keep the car from accelerating from 45 MPH. So then when you have to hit the brakes to get the speed low enough to hit 3rd, and THAT gear provides so much engine braking that you have to almost instantly shift back up into 4th! And this leads to the second major complaint about the transmission - the manual gear shifts are soooo slow and lazy that the car actually has time to GAIN speed during the clutch-in freewheeling time between when you hit the paddle and the new gear actually engages.

So here is the real-world effect of this mess - on a typical hill I want to stay anywhere between 40 and 50, but 4th won't do that - it just keeps accelerating. So I use the brakes to slow to 44 and hit 3rd, and the car IMMEDIATELY slows below 40 with a quick unpleasant bump and keeps quickly decelerating. I then hit the paddle for it to go back to 4th and we start quickly speeding up again. Now if I try to go back to 3rd when the speedo shows 42 or 43, the car is gaining speed so fast that by the time the computer realizes I requested the gear change, it is at 45 or higher and will NOT down shift again. grrrrrrrr

My second dislike is about the absolutely STUPID 19" wheels we are forced to take with the Titanium AWD package - these should be OPTIONAL for folks who value what they think is a good look instead of a decent ride. I personally think they look as bad as they perform, but that is only an issue here because Ford won't give us a choice. In my opinion, a car like this should have a standard wheel size of 16", which allows a decent tire with enough air for good ride AND performance. And related to the stock wheel/tire size - the fenders are not big enough to keep the tires from throwing mud all up and down the doors in normal driving! Now THAT is really dumb.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium/AWD
165 Posts
I think I only have two main complaints - the first is the 8-speed transmission: Overall, I like it; it provides a smooth driving experience and does not hunt for gears. BUT - 2nd and 3rd gears are way too close together, and then 4th is way too far above 3rd with virtually no overlap. I live in the mountains and need to downshift a lot on some pretty steep hills. You cannot even force this thing to go into 3rd unless you are under 45 MPH, and 4th does not provide enough braking to keep the car from accelerating from 45 MPH. So then when you have to hit the brakes to get the speed low enough to hit 3rd, and THAT gear provides so much engine braking that you have to almost instantly shift back up into 4th! And this leads to the second major complaint about the transmission - the manual gear shifts are soooo slow and lazy that the car actually has time to GAIN speed during the clutch-in freewheeling time between when you hit the paddle and the new gear actually engages.

So here is the real-world effect of this mess - on a typical hill I want to stay anywhere between 40 and 50, but 4th won't do that - it just keeps accelerating. So I use the brakes to slow to 44 and hit 3rd, and the car IMMEDIATELY slows below 40 with a quick unpleasant bump and keeps quickly decelerating. I then hit the paddle for it to go back to 4th and we start quickly speeding up again. Now if I try to go back to 3rd when the speedo shows 42 or 43, the car is gaining speed so fast that by the time the computer realizes I requested the gear change, it is at 45 or higher and will NOT down shift again. grrrrrrrr

My second dislike is about the absolutely STUPID 19" wheels we are forced to take with the Titanium AWD package - these should be OPTIONAL for folks who value what they think is a good look instead of a decent ride. I personally think they look as bad as they perform, but that is only an issue here because Ford won't give us a choice. In my opinion, a car like this should have a standard wheel size of 16", which allows a decent tire with enough air for good ride AND performance. And related to the stock wheel/tire size - the fenders are not big enough to keep the tires from throwing mud all up and down the doors in normal driving! Now THAT is really dumb.
Well said on the gear hunting. I noticed that a ton when we were looking at Christmas lights over the holidays. Driving 18-30 MPH is a very jerky experience.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well said on the gear hunting. I noticed that a ton when we were looking at Christmas lights over the holidays. Driving 18-30 MPH is a very jerky experience.
Strange I have not noticed it on mine. Been driving on Normal mode past month.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Oh wow. Those are long, but I look forward to watching them this weekend.

I turn my Escape in tomorrow for my Buy Back at 1:30PM. A bittersweet day. :-(
Sorry to lose you from the Escape forum. Please let us know what you replace it with in due course. ☺

241 - 260 of 302 Posts