2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium/AWD
165 Posts
I'll stick around here. I've got 14.5 years of Escape knowledge to help people with!

Good people on this board and I have no clue what is next for me vehicle wise, there are so few choices that this is the worst time for something like this to happen.

I may find a way to hold out for higher trim Escapes in a new model year. I almost feel like the next Titanium will be the 2022.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
417 Posts
Those are long...
He does a dry-fit reassembly of things that can't be serviced, then shows how things operate. I keep learning something new. And thanks for sticking around.

I just caught up on Honda and Acura hybrid layouts... one a true series hybrid (a la diesel locomotive) below cruising speed, the other a 7-speed DCT with a series motor that is also 1st gear. If you look at Ford and Toyota, you think everyone uses a power-split architecture. This for those who may not like Ford's implementation...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The engine noise is very annoying!! Suprised Ford did not use better sound deadening material. Between the streering wheel vibration, the loud humming noise and engine noise we are ready to get rid of this Escape. Never ever had any problems like these with any of our other 4 Escape's. Very pissed off!! and all Ford says is it normal
Depends on model and engine choice. My titanium hybrid is almost silent even with the ICE running.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Depends on model and engine choice. My titanium hybrid is almost silent even with the ICE running.
Yeah I checked out base with 1.5l engine it's horrible. Escape is only good in Titanium trim.

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
26 Posts
I don't like that Ford 'decontented' the spare starting in July 2020 and the spare became an option on factory-builds for $195. Some dealers, like mine request their inventory come with the spare, some do not. What is not acceptable is the lack of an easy option to get the spare after delivery.

I always prefer a spare, even if it is a doughnut, since I would regret not having it the one time I actually need it.

On a related note, the cargo cover is only available from the factory, as it requires different rear trim pieces for the anchor points. Someone did come up with 3D printed parts to mount it aftermarket but Ford has priced the cover at a ridiculous level to order later. (I actually had a parts department guy give me attitude for even asking about it; he wanted to know how I knew the part number.)

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE
7 Posts
I've only owned this vehicle (2020 Ford Escape SE) for two weeks and so far my only complaint is that the tailgate does not lift high enough - I'm just shy of 6'0" and I've smashed my head twice already.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've only owned this vehicle (2020 Ford Escape SE) for two weeks and so far my only complaint is that the liftgate does not lift high enough - I'm just shy of 6'0" and I've smashed my head twice already.
I don't know if SE has power lift gate but if you do it is height adjustable. I have mine set lower then factory in order to open inside the garage and I am 5'10" but there should be enough clearance for 6 feet if fully opened

Reactions: Eskape

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE
7 Posts
I don't know if SE has power lift gate but if you do it is height adjustable. I have mine set lower then factory in order to open inside the garage and I am 5'10" but there should be enough clearance for 6 feet if fully opened
Apologies - should have stated "tailgate". I have the manual tailgate.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Premium 2.0 Hybrid
11 Posts
This ^ I really dislike it.
I actually appreciate the start/stop button location. I have to be determined to turn the car on or off - unlike my previous car. Not a problem now!

Reactions: Phaedrus and DGPaul

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
143 Posts
I actually appreciate the start/stop button location. I have to be determined to turn the car on or off - unlike my previous car. Not a problem now!
Agreed, it's in a position that's high enough that I can actually reach it with my left hand without difficulty (My right side is afflicted with cerebral palsy, I can't accurately hit the start/stop button with my right hand)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it just me, or is the position of the gen 4 start button, not all that far off from what the 2015 is? I don't see a difference myself.

Hand on dash, use my thumb to push

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2013 it was way less "hidden" and more accessible

·
Registered
384 Posts
After 6 months I am used to that button position. It was only a problem initially

Reactions: Eskape

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is a real small nit picky thing I don't like. The position of the rear-window wiper switch. It is probably just me, but I turn that wiper on accidentally all the time when I move my hand to regrip the steering wheel.

Reactions: Fla_20Escape

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
7 Posts
The Blind Spot Information System alerts you with a flashing light in your outside mirror if you attempt to change lanes without your turn signal when a vehicle is too close. I think having a warning chime sound should be a settable option. After all, if you are not looking at your mirror, you risk having a collision. My wife's Santa Fe has the audible alarm.
I am hoping someone tells me it IS an option that I have not discovered - but I looked real hard!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think more than anything, they assume your looking at least to the side your merging into, so you'll see it.
Changing lanes without even turning your head a bit to the side is cringe.

·
Registered
384 Posts
After all, if you are not looking at your mirror, you risk having a collision.
while I agree beeping option might have been good to have as I had that i my previous car but that didn't stop me to look in the mirror for confirmation.

Could be that you bought the wrong car if that's your intention though 😂. As far as I know new Telluride or Palisade has that ability where you have video feed on your dash and you don't need to look at mirrors.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
while I agree beeping option might have been good to have as I had that i my previous car but that didn't stop me to look in the mirror for confirmation.

Could be that you bought the wrong car if that's your intention though 😂. As far as I know new Telluride or Palisade has that ability where you have video feed on your dash and you don't need to look at mirrors.
Yep...I have the mirror warning but regardless of whether you have that or a video warning on your dash you should glance over your shoulder to check anyway according to the manual.
As you know you cannot fully depend on it as others on these forums have said that often their blind spot warning indicates for no apparent reason... :unsure:

261 - 280 of 302 Posts