2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
7 Posts
It's just some lines of code in the software. There are so many settable options I think this should be one of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The OBJ file is not printer-specific so it should work with any 3D Printer. I made these so they clip in at the edge of the trim panel at the window so it doesn't matter if you have holes or not. Where the rope/cable attaches, I put some VHB (Very High Bond) tape on the back so those stick on without drilling or anything.

This is how they look installed (ignore the white markings - that was a side effect of the filament i used):

View attachment 76020
Thank you for sharing your files. This was definitely something that bothered me. Now I’ll be able to get the cargo cover that I’ve been wanting since I got my Escape.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL 1.5 Magnetic grey, Ebony interior.
29 Posts
Here is a real small nit picky thing I don't like. The position of the rear-window wiper switch. It is probably just me, but I turn that wiper on accidentally all the time when I move my hand to regrip the steering wheel.
Yes!!!! I'm constantly accidentally turning the back window wiper on. It's a poor spot to put it if you ask me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No key cubby under the light control to throw your house keys into. My 2015 Camry and 2017 Honda CR-V had this feature. When I put them in the side door pocket they move around and make noise.

·
Registered
384 Posts
2020 CoPilot 360 does not have Lane Centering but the 2021 does.(coPilot 360+) GRRRRRRRRR
What? There is lane centering in 2020 copilot

Reactions: Lancero

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
26 Posts
What? There is lane centering in 2020 copilot
Actually, the 2020 only has a lane-keeping system which responds if you start drifting out of your lane. The 2021 incorporates lane-centering into the adaptive cruise control to actively keep you in the center of your lane. The 2021 still has lane-keeping as well for normal driving.

2021 Cruise with Adaptive Lane Centering description in brochure:

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid
12 Posts
Actually, the 2020 only has a lane-keeping system which responds if you start drifting out of your lane. The 2021 incorporates lane-centering into the adaptive cruise control to actively keep you in the center of your lane. The 2021 still has lane-keeping as well for normal driving.

2021 Cruise with Adaptive Lane Centering description in brochure:
Actually, my 2020 Titanium has "Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Centering" - it also has the lane keeping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, my 2020 Titanium has "Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Centering" - it also has the lane keeping.
That's awesome. My 8/2020 build does not. It's not even in the 2020 Escape brochure as a feature on the 2020s. Wish it was on mine.

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's awesome. My 8/2020 build does not. It's not even in the 2020 Escape brochure as a feature on the 2020s. Wish it was on mine.
It's probably because yours is SE and they added that feature to 2021. Titanium has it in 2020.

Reactions: fbov

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks to those who set me straight. An 'I am an idiot' moment for me. I was looking at a brochure that didn't include all of the Titanium features as prominently. (The Intelligent Cruise Control feature.)

My bad.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
417 Posts
I was looking at a brochure...
For future reference, let me introduce you to a less fancy but more accurate document, the Order Guide. It's got the same info as the brochure, without the sales pitch.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
46 Posts
No key cubby under the light control to throw your house keys into. My 2015 Camry and 2017 Honda CR-V had this feature. When I put them in the side door pocket they move around and make noise.
Not having a small cubby for the key is annoying I hate having anything in my pockets let alone keys. I bought these on amazon and it has solved that problem others on here have bought these and have been very happy. They aren't completely flush in the door handle but close enough. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B5ZSRHD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coming from a 2018 Ti I have plenty to compare... The '18 was my favorite car ever.

Auto Stop/Start - Worst feature ever... More so because you can't permanantly disable it (without Forscan or the $100 device). The restart isn't as smooth as it was on my '18 either.
Sync menu's and adjustments are wayyyy too slow. So much slower than the '18; maybe twice as slow. Horrible.
Horrendous bootup time.
When requesting a song via voice it takes about 8-10 seconds to start the next song. The current song keeps playing until the new song starts.
*** In my 2018, the volume would automatically go down to ~10 when starting the vehicle. In the 2020 the volume starts up at the same level it was when the car was turned off. Since you can't control anything until it fully boots up, you have to hold the volume knob and be ready when the loud music starts at 5:30am.
Random Blind spot indicators activating.
Random courtesy windshield wipers... when the windshield is completely dry
*** No browsing music while driving... Let the driver decide.
The clock is constantly hidden by mesages at the top of the 8" display... Especially when using navigation. They should have a permanant clock somewhere.
My Ti has a HUD. When navigating, I don't need to see my turns on the center display, the instrument panel AND the HUD. I do like the turn info on the HUD though. When the HUD is in use there is no need for the turns on the instrument panel.
No console tray. Great Feature on the '18. Bought one on Amazon that works OK but you have to remove it to get to the stuff underneath.
No provisions for a Cargo Net OR a Cargo Cover (only available from the factory??? WTH).
Tires are horrible... The bridgestones on my 2020 got horrible ratings on TireRack. I loved the Continnentals on the '18.
The sun visor is too low. It needs to be able to go a little higher when fully opened.
I have one with the seat issue where it feels like something is bulging to the rear of the seat.
I have my 2020 less than 3 weeks and already have a list of 9 items that need attention. My '18 was NEVER in for warranty work (I know that's extremely rare but still).
Sometimes it can't read my USB stick (10,000 Songs). 30 seconds later it comes up. This time varies greatly. The problem is, the volume (again), when it switches from USB (ripped music is usually lower in volume) to the last used non-USB source, the volume is so loud. Again, they should auto lower the volume when the car is restarted.
No "Door Locked" indicator on the front lock buttons. Yes, the 18's had those as well. It was easy to see at a glance if the doors were locked.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
143 Posts
*** No browsing music while driving... Let the driver decide.
The clock is constantly hidden by mesages at the top of the 8" display... Especially when using navigation. They should have a permanant clock somewhere.
My Ti has a HUD. When navigating, I don't need to see my turns on the center display, the instrument panel AND the HUD. I do like the turn info on the HUD though. When the HUD is in use there is no need for the turns on the instrument panel.
I just wanted to point out the issues around the two points you raised here:

The no browsing music while driving thing – I'll say plainly "thank the lawyers" because I'm sure someone had an accident while driving around and trying to seek out music while the car was in motion.

Re: the heads up display – the only time in the heads up display will show directions is if you are using the Ford built in navigation system because Ford has not opened up that functionality to third-party software such as Waze, Google or Apple maps.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just wanted to point out the issues around the two points you raised here:

The no browsing music while driving thing – I'll say plainly "thank the lawyers" because I'm sure someone had an accident while driving around and trying to seek out music while the car was in motion.

Re: the heads up display – the only time in the heads up display will show directions is if you are using the Ford built in navigation system because Ford has not opened up that functionality to third-party software such as Waze, Google or Apple maps.

NefCanuck
Actually when using Waze via Android Auto, the directions shows up on my HUD.

281 - 300 of 302 Posts