2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
What I don't like is that the hands free lift gate does not open consistently. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. Have to use the remote or the handle.
Now that you mention it, I’ve experienced the same problem. I never had that issue with my 17 FE.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 3D Printer file has clips for the lift gate end, and two round cable hooks that need to be attached with VHB Trim tape. This is what is in the OBJ File:

View attachment 76068

The rear cover clips hook over the liftgate trim against the window as shown in the picture of mine installed.
The way they are made, you can hook them on, then slide them side to side to get the right fit, no adhesive needed.

The only other things you will need are:
1: The VHB Adhesive discs. I used this set from Amazon:
3M VHB Double-Sided Adhesive Discs

2:The cover itself.
The part number I ordered was: LJ6Z-78550A74-AA
I found it on a Ford Discount Parts site for $115 w/Free Shipping since the local dealership wanted almost $200 for it.
Its not a strong cover - its a mesh cloth on a wire frame. Its not meant to hold weight, but works great as a cover/shade for the cargo area.
Saw a Titanium in the showroom today that hade the Cargo Shade . It was built on Jan. 9 , 2020 . See the attached pics . It seems that they have revised the clips on the lift gate . I'll try to get the part # and advise .

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
The roof racks are only rated for 100lbs. Once you figure in the weight of the cradles, that's not even two 14' kayaks! I knew that when I bought it, but, I'm not happy about it.
The weight limit is for vehicle stability. The rack itself can probably handle more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
The glove compartment doesn't open wide enough. It is deep but opens at a very shallow angle, making it damn near impossible to access from the driver's side. Poor design.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of my pet peeves right now is that everything seems to have switched sides from my 3rd gen. Fuel filler, hatch button, volume controls on the steering wheel, etc. Kinda confusing after three years of muscle memory being made.

·
Registered
91 Posts
One of my pet peeves right now is that everything seems to have switched sides from my 3rd gen. Fuel filler, hatch button, volume controls on the steering wheel, etc. Kinda confusing after three years of muscle memory being made.
You get used to it. I found I use the volume knob on the center console more as it has been moved closer.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts