2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you FWD or AWD?

My prior C-Max was hard on rear brakes, and I think it's because I use a lot of trailing brake coming into a turn. Braking in a turn gets the car using the rear brakes, so front and rear grip is equalized. As my brakes degraded (twice), it felt like I'd enter a turn, and the brakes would fail for a second. Disconcerting.

The Escape is too new for brake issues, and I'm hoping AWD helps with regen brake balance.

Stay well,
Frank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you FWD or AWD?

My prior C-Max was hard on rear brakes, and I think it's because I use a lot of trailing brake coming into a turn. Braking in a turn gets the car using the rear brakes, so front and rear grip is equalized. As my brakes degraded (twice), it felt like I'd enter a turn, and the brakes would fail for a second. Disconcerting.

The Escape is too new for brake issues, and I'm hoping AWD helps with regen brake balance.

Stay well,
Frank
Mine is AWD. I don't remember if AWD Hybrids have the rear axle disconnect found on petrol-only Escapes with the 8F35, but if they do, then that might explain why this is happening, since the rear axle isn't connected to the drivetrain most of the time (thus the car regens from only the front wheels). Still, the friction brakes respond just fine if I apply more brake pedal to compensate, hence why I said this is more of a suggestion than a legitimate issue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
AWD is the same on all engines, and sometimes engages when regen braking, if the dash display is truthful.

Front-only regen was a favorite explanation for C-Max behavior when trailing braking. I'll have a better idea in 20,000 miles... which might take until 2025 at this rate.

Stay well,
Frank

·
Registered
71 Posts
The wimpy single horn. Certainly not worthy to be install in any SUV regardless of size. I found some cheap (actually many) OEM Ford dual horn setups on eBay and now I am horn ready. The key is to find a set that has the correct connector and most do. Of course the mounting brackets will not fit, but I just used an industrial strength cable tie (tie wrap) to secure. Also needed to do some creative bending of the dual horns bracket to make it fit in the open space where the original horn was mounted between the radiator and driver side headlight.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
108 Posts
Just ordered a set of horns. I notice there is a horn mount on the passenger side also. I may extent the wiring and place one on each side. I will have to check and see how they sound mounted that way.

I'll try and take pictures and do a write-up of actually what I do.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
15 Posts
Just found another thing I don't like about my Escape. The cargo floorboard, aside from being incredibly cheap, has been sliding out of place. I always keep a 24pk of bottled water in my cargo and I assume the weight is sliding the floorboard back towards the front leaving a gap (in addition to the large gaps on the sides.) I didn't notice it until now because I had pushed the water back to fit groceries. It's not secured or locked in place in any way, which is a terrible design. So keep your heavy stuff near the door or push the rear seats back to prevent the sliding.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
68 Posts
The lack of a "tiered" storage in the center armrest storage is really starting to get on my nerves, just toss stuff in their and then break out the spelunking gear to find anything again (2020 Escape Hybrid).

Anyone give any thought to 3d printing a "half tray" for stuff that you need easy access to (IE coins etc.?)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
68 Posts
This morning confirmed a fear—because of the curvature of the rear roof and an internal piece adjacent to the rear door (that reduces the available height)—-I can‘t fit my bicycles in an upright position into the cargo area. With my 2006 Escape, I was able to remove the front wheels from the bikes and insert them upright.

Of course, I can lay the bikes down, but that takes up much more room than having them vertical. Plus, with expensive bikes (which is why I transport them inside the vehicle), one must be very careful laying one on another.

In short, I don‘t like the reduced available height at the rear of the Cargo area.
(I still like the car overall.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The lack of a "tiered" storage in the center armrest storage is really starting to get on my nerves, just toss stuff in their and then break out the spelunking gear to find anything again (2020 Escape Hybrid).

Anyone give any thought to 3d printing a "half tray" for stuff that you need easy access to (IE coins etc.?)

NefCanuck
I ordered a tray off amazon the other day. It's not quite a half tray and doesn't look more than an inch or two deep but it's good for what I want hopefully. Should be here today so I'll check it out and post back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered a tray off amazon the other day. It's not quite a half tray and doesn't look more than an inch or two deep but it's good for what I want hopefully. Should be here today so I'll check it out and post back.
I'd definitely be interested in your thoughts, especially with the USB-C port in the console (right now I'm using the USB-A port, but I'm not 100% sure it can keep the phone battery at 100% charge while using Waze which uses the GPS and more power)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in your thoughts, especially with the USB-C port in the console (right now I'm using the USB-A port, but I'm not 100% sure it can keep the phone battery at 100% charge while using Waze which uses the GPS and more power)

NefCanuck
Interesting is your USB C port in the console? I have a USB A port in the center console and a USB C port in the little cubby under the HVAC controls.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting is your USB C port in the console? I have a USB A port in the center console and a USB C port in the little cubby under the HVAC controls.
In my case the USB-A port is under the HVAC controls and the wireless charging pad is to the left of that.

The USB-C port is in the "Pit O'Doom" under the centre armrest.

Escape 2020 Hybrid Titanium with the 2.0 Tech upgrade package, build date Feb 2020.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted to remind everyone that this thread is about things you don’t like about your 2020+ Escape. Please take the 3D Printer discussion offline.
Dear Moderator,
This cargo cover discussion is a MAJOR ‘thing we don’t like’ for a lot of us. Kindly allow us to continue to discuss this AND possibly provide a remedy, since Ford dropped the ball here.
Appreciate it.
The GM

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Dear Moderator,
This cargo cover discussion is a MAJOR ‘thing we don’t like’ for a lot of us. Kindly allow us to continue to discuss this AND possibly provide a remedy, since Ford dropped the ball here.
Appreciate it.
The GM
If you want to discuss this, and the 3D printing. Then please create a new thread in the appropriate sub forum. This thread is to discuss things you don’t like about your 2020+ Escape. Not a discussion on 3D printing certain parts. That way it will also be a lot easier to find for other members

·
Registered
274 Posts
My list
  1. Start/Stop function is no longer disabled in Sport mode. From what I read here, at least, in model year 17, the Start/Stop function is disabled in Sport mode but it is not true in 2020 (Titanium 2.0L)
  2. Driving mode is reset to Normal at every start. I wish I could set it to something else by default at every start.
  3. Cargo cover can't be added if not ordered from factory. I emailed the seller on Amazon who sell after market cargo cover (for 2013-2019) but haven't heard anything back.
  4. The collision detection sound is not loud enough for me. It is set at medium (default). I haven't tried setting it to high yet. On my wife's Lincoln MKT, the sound is really loud.
  5. Turn signal clicking sound is really low.
  6. The phone wireless charging does not come with early builds Titanium 2.0L. (It is now standard.)
  7. No trinket tray in the armrest.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My list
  1. Start/Stop function is no longer disabled in Sport mode. From what I read here, at least, in model year 17, the Start/Stop function is disabled in Sport mode but it is not true in 2020 (Titanium 2.0L)
  2. Driving mode is reset to Normal at every start. I wish I could set it to something else by default at every start.
  3. Cargo cover can't be added if not ordered from factory. I emailed the seller on Amazon who sell after market cargo cover (for 2013-2019) but haven't heard anything back.
  4. The collision detection sound is not loud enough for me. It is set at medium (default). I haven't tried setting it to high yet. On my wife's Lincoln MKT, the sound is really loud.
  5. Turn signal clicking sound is really low.
  6. The phone wireless charging does not come with early builds Titanium 2.0L. (It is now standard.)
  7. No trinket tray in the armrest.
Start/Stop is disabled in my 2020 Titanium 2.0L in sport mode. I suspect I am not unique. For what it's worth- As for the driving mode reset to Normal at every restart, my 2017 Corvette does the same thing......resets to Touring from Sport or Track mode. Maybe a DOT thing.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid
46 Posts
Some of these are specific to my vehicle model and make due to when it was manufactured.

• No wireless charging in earlier Titanium model. Bought my car thinking it was standard to find out it didn't have it. Though in grand scheme of things, I plan on using Android Auto/Apple CarPlay so wireless charging not as much of a necessity, and I also use a quick connect magnetic cable which is super easy and convenient.
  • Glitchy CarPlay connection, works at times, others not so much.
  • Already in service after 139 miles for: 20B14 recall, excessive rattling in sub, malfunctioned backup camera.
  • CarPlay does not work with HUD. If I want navigation to show up on there, I have to use built in Nav.
  • Cheap looking grey plastic lip on front and rear bumper. Rest of the car looks high end and sleek, then you put in cheap dull plastic material near it.
  • Expensive hitch install (the new Titanium 2.0 premium group models are a steal-they include it or at least I think they do, seen it included on sticker of the regular non-hybrid models! And the group is only priced like $105 more than the discontinued Titanium group)

·
Registered
108 Posts
61 - 80 of 113 Posts