2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
947 Posts
Only Titanium has it on all windows
If that's the case that is a backward step by Ford then as earlier models in all specs had this feature to my knowledge, I know my non Titanium has it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you FWD or AWD?

My prior C-Max was hard on rear brakes, and I think it's because I use a lot of trailing brake coming into a turn. Braking in a turn gets the car using the rear brakes, so front and rear grip is equalized. As my brakes degraded (twice), it felt like I'd enter a turn, and the brakes would fail for a second. Disconcerting.

The Escape is too new for brake issues, and I'm hoping AWD helps with regen brake balance.

Stay well,
Frank
I have noticed the same momentary gap in braking with my CMAX too. But I still have my original brakes with 252k miles. I must use less brakes going into a roundabout so my mechanical brakes don't energize, braking is waist-full. :) My technique is to left off the accelerator and straighten out the turn into the roundabout. When I'm about half way through the turn, I'm at the outside of turn, I hit the accelerator which pulls the car to the left and out of the turn. So much fun in this car.:) I never have had anyone keep up with me in a roundabout in 7 years, it is a good way to get rid of tailgaters.

Paul

·
Registered
947 Posts
I forgot I also hate that the only the Driver window is auto-down only. Our older cars have auto down & up, and some on the passenger front or both front and rear.
PM sent on your profile (conversations). :)

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Sport
3 Posts
in no particular order for thr SE sport hybrid
1. Driving mode resets to normal every time you start the car
2. No crossbars on roof rack and the crossbars they sell don’t allow use of the sun roof
3. Cup holder is not removable for cleaning
4. Cargo mat is constantly sliding around
5. Tire repair kit rather then a spare
6. Back seats don’t lay flat and are not removable
7. No solid tow hookups to pull my wife out when she got stuck in the snow
8. No hybrid battery gauge
9. No clock on the driver display
10. Significant loss of cargo space compared to my 2012 escape hybrid
11. No pop out panel for bringing a hitch through the bumper
12. Drivers seat has a bar in the seat cushion that is very noticeable when I sit up straight

Maybe I’m critical but you asked for the things I don’t like.
I’ll end on a good note and say I love the fuel efficiency and handling on rough dirt roads.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium FWD in Persian Green
32 Posts
So now that I’ve had mine for 3 weeks, and truly do love it overall, I’ve noticed a few things that I’m not entirely happy about. 3 “major” (for me) and one minor.
  • Ford seems to have removed the global open feature for the windows - I have been able to open windows via key fob for my last 4 Fords. This is a huge disappointment, especially during this time of year.
  • The handsfree trunk kick opening feature is spotty at best. No matter where I kick, how long I hold my foot, or what motion to use, I struggle to get the trunk open and closed. Never had this issue with either C-Max Titaniums I had before this.
  • The headrests do not tilt forward/backward. They only move up/down.
  • The configuration for the cup holders - Every mug or bottle I put in is a struggle to remove because of how tightly they’re gripped by the retracting pieces inside. No way I can hold a 1L bottle in there like I used to.

Reactions: playbeasy

·
Registered
2020 Escape
109 Posts
With Forscan you activate the global open/close.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try a search on the forum. There is a lot of information that will help you out.
Not exactly the help I was expecting, but thanks. From my brief reading, it appears to be overly involved computer programming that I probably shouldn’t be doing to my leased vehicle anyhow.
Which makes it extra crappy of Ford that they didn’t do the programming themselves from the start.

·
Registered
2020 Silver Escape SEL
5 Posts
Just want to say thanks for letting us know about the console shelf. It sure makes a difference in getting the most used stuff up where it’s needed. Thank you again Larry M.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just want to say thanks for letting us know about the console shelf. It sure makes a difference in getting the most used stuff up where it’s needed. Thank you again Larry M.
You’re welcome.

·
Registered
947 Posts
101 - 113 of 113 Posts