·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dryer sheets
Seems to work! I scattered 3 of them in a closet that is common with an outside wall and mice would occasionally move in in the fall. I would catch at least one using a traditional mouse trap with peanut butter (meeces luv peanut butter). Last fall I laid out some dryer sheets along with the PB trap. No mouse droppings anywhere, but a spider(?) ate the peanut butter off the trap without setting it off! ?

Joyous Easter and Passover, folks.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I use "Bonide Mouse Magic" when storing boats. It has a combination of peppermint oil and spearmint oil.

I have been storing boats for many decades and have tried many different things to keep the mice out and this works the best for me! Peppermint is a menthol that is very potent and will irritate the nasal cavity of mice.

You can make your own similar product if you want. Get an old prescription bottle, fill it with cotton balls, soak the cotton with peppermint oil (peppermint is the oil to use if you are making your own) and drill small holes in the bottle. Might seem economical to do it this way but you have to refresh the cotton periodically and I have found the commercial product works the best. Widely available on Amazon, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I find the best method is to eliminate the problem ( the mice ), Tomcat Green Chucks do the job for me in one of my pole barns. I'll get a piece of 2x4 and place 4 or 5 chucks on end and use a screw to hold them on the 2x4, if you don't screw the bait down you won't know if the baits is being eaten or just dragged away. I used to use the green D-Con pellets, I was using a box everyday until I found out why. One day I pulled a plastic sheet down from an overhead shelve, as I pulled the sheet down I had D-Con pellets raining down on me.....never used pellets again.

·
Registered
2019 Escape S 2.5L named Route :)
34 Posts
Great article, thanks for that!

Bounce sheets and the peppermint trick has done it for years for me :) and everything smells so nice afterwards!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts