2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried searching old threads and couldn’t quite find what I was looking for.
Is there a tire that is popular with escape owners that is a good balance between quality and cost savings? Not looking to spend an arm and a leg. Rears are cupping and I may Need suspension parts to go with the tires as well 🙄. Thanks for any suggestions.

2014 titanium 2.0 AWD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Need to know which model and year of your Escape in order to provide meaningful info.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
ahh tires. everyones got an opinion.
it also depends on your intended use. is snow traction important? wet? dry? do you have separate winter tires? what is your climate? fuel economy? comfort /noise?

I'm a fan of continental DWS.

i dont think there is anything specific to teh Escape that merits special tires.

what i can reccomend is go to a website like tirerack.com, and look through their ratings. pick what best suits your priorities.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I just bought Continental Crosscontact LX 25 for my '14. Bought Continental Crosscontact LX 20 for my wife's previous generation, '12 Escape a couple of years ago. For something more sporty, bought Continental Extremecontact DSW 06 for her Audi TT roadster.

A friend at an Audi dealership mounted the DSWs for us, and he said that he has the same tire and like it a lot.

Tirerack lists the LX 25 as USA country of origin, too.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just bought Continental Crosscontact LX 25 for my '14. Bought Continental Crosscontact LX 20 for my wife's previous generation, '12 Escape a couple of years ago. For something more sporty, bought Continental Extremecontact DSW 06 for her Audi TT roadster.

A friend at an Audi dealership mounted the DSWs for us, and he said that he has the same tire and like it a lot.

Tirerack lists the LX 25 as USA country of origin, too.
Paul,,you never said how the Conti LX 25's ride and handle .Are they quiet compared to the OEM tires and how's the rolling resistance on MPG'S....

·
Registered
930 Posts
Really like the LX 25. Quiet. MPGs good, and should get better. Mileage wasn't great at the start until the surface was scuffed up a little and the release agent was gone. Mileage is consistent with the previous OEM Continental L.R.R. tire on there.

Put them on and went on a 1,400-mile round trip from MA to OBX. Will be doing another MA-OBX trip soon, and mileage should be better than the first trip.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Really like the LX 25. Quiet. MPGs good, and should get better. Mileage wasn't great at the start until the surface was scuffed up a little and the release agent was gone. Mileage is consistent with the previous OEM Continental L.R.R. tire on there.

Put them on and went on a 1,400-mile round trip from MA to OBX. Will be doing another MA-OBX trip soon, and mileage should be better than the first trip.
How do they ride , soft , firm,, same?? ,,Thanks Again

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have nothing but bad luck with Continental tires on my Escape. they were noisey and cupped.. removed them at 20K.. replace them with Michelins.. Happy camper now ! (also same problem on my new F350 pickup)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts