2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased new tires maybe a couple weeks ago, I chose to go with the Michelin Crossclimate 2
It finally snowed a decent amount today and I must say I am very impressed with this tire I don't live in an area that gets a lot of snow but every couple of years gets a somewhat decent one. Even with the 2.0 my traction control light did not even flash when I gunned it earlier ( safely away from anything I might hit on private property of course) let's hope that the tires last as many miles as I kind of think they will if they do these will definitely by far be my favorite tires.

2014 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD with 18" tires. 172,000 miles

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Interesting. I've been hearing a lot about this tires and it seems that everyone who has tried them are impressed. Glad you chimed in. I guess I know what I'm getting when I have to switch out tires.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
Personally General AltiMax RT43s have been very good to us on our Escapes.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've put CrossClimate+ on every car in the family but mine (I had snows). They feel a lot like snow tires on snow-covered roads. Unlike the OP, we average 1-inch/day of snow, so I put snows on steel wheels for the years we drove Volvos. These tires are a far easier solution with little drawback.

We have yet to kill a set, so no life data, but I'm not expecting long life given the other performance factors. TANSTAAFL

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have Michelin primacy touring tires and while I don’t have snow here (usually) they seem to be well on track to meet their 60k mile wear warranty. How much are those rated for?

·
Registered
2019 Ford Escape Titanium AWD
17 Posts
My 2019 Escape Titanium AWD here in Wisconsin came with Continental ContiProContact tires... size P235/45R19. Good God, do those things grip the road, including on ice and snow! I've only seen my traction control light come on twice for a second each time when punching it while starting out from a stop sign on icy streets. This damned Escape grips and handles better on ice and snow than my 4x4 pickup did with aggressive tires.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Firestone Destination LE3. Inexpensive, excellent tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts