2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question to the USB Port, when I want to use mediafiles which format I have to use? Will it work with Ntfs format or only Fat32?
Can I do it with subfolders too or the mp3 have to be directly on the Stick?

Regards Manuel

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,368 Posts
You can use FAT32 and exFat, of the two exFat is faster as it was written for mobile devices.
You can drop folders on it with different group, album etc (MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, or FLAC), in the folder and subfolders.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but without the right usb hub it not will be work. I dont understand why Ford make 2 USB Ports in the center console when you can use it only for charge.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,143 Posts
when you can use it only for charge.
That’s not true. You can use the existing ports to connect your phone, USB drives, etc.. You just need an updated hub for Apple CarPlay and maybe Android Auto. This is all mentioned in the link provided to you in your other thread.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,143 Posts
With the updated hub you mean I have to change the Usb ports
Please check out the link already provided to you on the updated hub. If you have anymore questions on this hub, ask them in the other thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,
the new media hub is ordered, but it will take a while until it arrives here in the Domrep.
After also no Wifi update works I thought halt the error could perhaps be something else. As already mentioned, the cars are imported into the Domrep used.
Now I have found a video and a link as someone has updated his Ford with it. Maybe someone here has already made his experience with this method.
The software is called Syn3Updater and can be found at Cyanlabs.
How to update Ford Sync 3 to 3.4 and Maps - Easy Step by Step - YouTube
Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs

Best Regards Manuel

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hi all,
the new media hub is ordered, but it will take a while until it arrives here in the Domrep.
After also no Wifi update works I thought halt the error could perhaps be something else. As already mentioned, the cars are imported into the Domrep used.
Now I have found a video and a link as someone has updated his Ford with it. Maybe someone here has already made his experience with this method.
The software is called Syn3Updater and can be found at Cyanlabs.
How to update Ford Sync 3 to 3.4 and Maps - Easy Step by Step - YouTube
Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs

Best Regards Manuel
Yes...many here have used the Cyanlabs method to successfully update to the latest 3.4 version and get the latest SatNav maps where applicable but once you commit to this method you cannot return to Ford updates as they do not support Cyanlabs.
Many US forum members have used the Cyanlabs updater when they have been getting error problems with Ford sync updates and it has worked for them.
But you need to ensure that your hub and USB ports and other media technology is all working correctly before you go down this track by playing music, radio or charging phone etc.
I suggest that you could then try the Ford sync update first and advise us of result before going down the Cyanlabs route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts