2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
Persian Green 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just a reprogram, but it will leave you stranded on the side of the road. They're fixing mine Wednesday morning. This applies to the 2.5 liter hybrid.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding, it will freeze up causing the ICE to run rough and shut down the vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anybody have information on conditions this is likely to happen in? Was planning to drive my Hybrid to Texas in a couple of weeks. Ice is unlikely to be an issue but still. Gonna try and get it taken care of before than either way, but parts can be an issue.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody have information on conditions this is likely to happen in? Was planning to drive my Hybrid to Texas in a couple of weeks. Ice is unlikely to be an issue but still. Gonna try and get it taken care of before than either way, but parts can be an issue.
You should be fine, parts aren't an issue, it's a programming thing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I tried to get the recall done, but supposedly the programmers for Ford are not working due to server issues... I'm skeptical, but none of the local dealers seem to be able to do anything about the recall.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
177 Posts
Just to follow up, they must really have been concerned about the TMAP sensor issue because they actually contacted me and got the Escape in a week earlier than they originally booked me for.

Took them about 1 1/2 hours after check in to get my keys back to me (but according to the invoice they only billed Ford 0.4 of an hour) but I think they did the reprogramming with the car not running at all because I was getting the "System Off To Save Battery" message again on the touchscreen when I picked up the car (it went away with a few days of driving around)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just to follow up, they must really have been concerned about the TMAP sensor issue because they actually contacted me and got the Escape in a week earlier than they originally booked me for.

Took them about 1 1/2 hours after check in to get my keys back to me (but according to the invoice they only billed Ford 0.4 of an hour) but I think they did the reprogramming with the car not running at all because I was getting the "System Off To Save Battery" message again on the touchscreen when I picked up the car (it went away with a few days of driving around)

NefCanuck
My guess is that is because you are somewhere where a TMAP sensor is more likely to ice over. It can cause a "you are now stranded" issue, so I can see where they would want to get it taken care of.

Mine eventually got taken care of, but they certainly weren't in a hurry.

·
Registered
2020 escape titanium hybrid - 1FMCU0DZ2LUC59222
15 Posts

NefCanuck
My guess is that is because you are somewhere where a TMAP sensor is more likely to ice over. It can cause a "you are now stranded" issue, so I can see where they would want to get it taken care of.

Mine eventually got taken care of, but they certainly weren't in a hurry.
i took my car in for the tmap sensor issue and they told me to come back when the check engine light comes on.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid.
23 Posts
Well I tried to get the recall done, but supposedly the programmers for Ford are not working due to server issues... I'm skeptical, but none of the local dealers seem to be able to do anything about the recall.
My dealer scheduled the recall to be performed on January 11, nearly 4 weeks after I contacted them.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
66 Posts
I had mine done yesterday. I had to call three dealers to get it in within a week or so. The other two couldn't get me in until the end of January. I also had the "rattling marbles" issue done, but I noticed right away that the noise is still happening. As a side note, it seems like it runs quite a bit smoother. Not sure why this happened, but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had mine done yesterday. I had to call three dealers to get it in within a week or so. The other two couldn't get me in until the end of January. I also had the "rattling marbles" issue done, but I noticed right away that the noise is still happening. As a side note, it seems like it runs quite a bit smoother. Not sure why this happened, but it is noticeable.
I've also got the rattling marbles issue, but they couldn't get me in for that until after the holidays. Given that the rattling marbles issue is currently considered an annoyance, that can wait until after my long holiday drive.

I'll probably get it fixed when the brake recall is a thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts

NefCanuck
You always reprogram in ig on, engine off accessory mode. FDRS prompts you for that. Usually have a external power source attached to the vehicle, although it's not really required. Save battery happens if they rush the last step, which is car all the way off heh. I get it on long updates like the telematics unit ones.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
177 Posts
Ah, thanks for that information, it makes sense now, but with the multiple issues reported regarding the 20MY Escape and the 12v battery, I'm surprised that they wouldn't have attached an external power source just to be sure (If the battery dies mid-program of the car, is there a "backup" stock program the car can fall back on, or is it like a botched PC BIOS upgrade and "bricked"?)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah, thanks for that information, it makes sense now, but with the multiple issues reported regarding the 20MY Escape and the 12v battery, I'm surprised that they wouldn't have attached an external power source just to be sure (If the battery dies mid-program of the car, is there a "backup" stock program the car can fall back on, or is it like a botched PC BIOS upgrade and "bricked"?)

NefCanuck
Ya almost all modules have a/b programming blocks, and they have all bootstrap modes where they can be just reloaded with factory config at anytime. They will throw codes if they are out of spec pretty quickly.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts