2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's just a reprogram, but it will leave you stranded on the side of the road. They're fixing mine Wednesday morning. This applies to the 2.5 liter hybrid.
I just picked up my 2020 Escapte titanium hybrid from the dealer with the reprogram. Service rep told me they set it to actuate earlier so there is no chance for it to Freeze. Love the car, can park anywhere

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,826 Posts
The letters for this have started going out we received our's yesterday.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,826 Posts
Ya almost all modules have a/b programming blocks, and they have all bootstrap modes where they can be just reloaded with factory config at anytime. They will throw codes if they are out of spec pretty quickly.
Most of the time you can get it back if it was just a setting that was being changed.
Have the battery die in the middle of a calibration (firmware) update and you'll brick the module.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Considering purchasing this car -- what's the marbling issue? A car I've found for sale on marketplace says there's an open recall on the sensor. Don't know why the owner didn't have it addressed but as I haven't driven it, wasn't sure if the marbling thing is another thing to "worry" about? Otherwise, liking the car? It's also a 2020.

TIA

·
Registered
2020 Titanium w 2.0 AWD and 2020 SE Sport Hybrid FWD
18 Posts
i took my car in for the tmap sensor issue and they told me to come back when the check engine light comes on.
I have my vehicle in now as I type. When I went to get the oil changed a couple weeks back, I asked them to do it. They refused. They said the check engine light needed to be on or they need to have it overnight in a sub freezing condition.
After that, got my oil changed at a different dealership and asked about what they said concerning leaving vehicle, etc... They said all it was was a reprogramming thing.
After that opened up the letter from Ford. It is explicit saying, "If you plan to drive your vehicle in cold weather below 35F, please bring your vehicle in for a free preventative software update."
Don't let them tell you wait for the check engine light. If you wait for that, according to the letter it will be too late and you may be stranded on the side of the road.

HTH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took our 2020 Escape Hybrid in this morning to have the update done but they said the update is not yet available for our vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Took our 2020 Escape Hybrid in this morning to have the update done but they said the update is not yet available for our vehicle.
I find that remarkable considering this is a software update. Plug and play. Charged Ford 0.4 hours of labor.

·
Registered
2020 escape titanium hybrid - 1FMCU0DZ2LUC59222
15 Posts
i took mine in a couple of weeks ago for the same thing, and they said not to come back unless the check engine light comes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been trying to get mine in for this reprogramming, but the dealership is scheduling more than a month out. I’m currently traveling and it was very cold yesterday. I got a Please Stop Now message and the engine shut off. I’m not sure if this is because of the TMAP Sensor Icing Issue or something else. Does anyone know if this is expected with the TMAP Sensor Icing issue? I don’t have the notice letter with me, but I think I remember reading that it would force you to pull over.

None of the dealerships can get me in for a service appointment or even a diagnostic for a few weeks, even knowing I’m stranded. I am hoping it is the TMAP sensor issue, and that with warmer temperatures today maybe the car will run and I can get home. Otherwise, I am going to have to leave my car several hours from home and pay for a rental car, then another rental and trip to come back when it is finally fixed at the end of January. I’m really frustrated by the awful customer service and inability to even get a diagnostic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve been trying to get mine in for this reprogramming, but the dealership is scheduling more than a month out. I’m currently traveling and it was very cold yesterday. I got a Please Stop Now message and the engine shut off. I’m not sure if this is because of the TMAP Sensor Icing Issue or something else. Does anyone know if this is expected with the TMAP Sensor Icing issue? I don’t have the notice letter with me, but I think I remember reading that it would force you to pull over.

None of the dealerships can get me in for a service appointment or even a diagnostic for a few weeks, even knowing I’m stranded. I am hoping it is the TMAP sensor issue, and that with warmer temperatures today maybe the car will run and I can get home. Otherwise, I am going to have to leave my car several hours from home and pay for a rental car, then another rental and trip to come back when it is finally fixed at the end of January. I’m really frustrated by the awful customer service and inability to even get a diagnostic.
Yes that is a symptom. They use "may" in the verbiage just to cover all the bases. Pity they can't work you in. Can't imagine it is more than plug in a device and then the tech can go off and do something else while it is being reprogrammed.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Escape Hybrid
2 Posts
I live in south west Florida and got this CSP for my 2020 Escape Hybrid. When I called about it they said that I do not have to do anything, if the vehicle is operated mainly in Florida ( which is true), but what if i go up north for a prolonged period of time, or say , sell my car and it will be driven up north by a new owner?! Is my dealership just acting up or is their dismissal of this csp in my case valid?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in south west Florida and got this CSP for my 2020 Escape Hybrid. When I called about it they said that I do not have to do anything, if the vehicle is operated mainly in Florida ( which is true), but what if i go up north for a prolonged period of time, or say , sell my car and it will be driven up north by a new owner?! Is my dealership just acting up or is their dismissal of this csp in my case valid?
The letter mentioned concern over extend driving in temps below 35F. If you sell it, a vehicle checking service will likely catch it. I wouldn't make a special trip/appointment for it if you know that you aren't going to experience those conditions. However, it seems easy enough to knock out to have them do it while the vehicle is in for some other service.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid.
22 Posts
Had TMAP Sensor recall done yesterday(Wednesday}. Whatever reprogramming the dealer did fixed the passenger door intelligent access as well

21 - 36 of 36 Posts