2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Couple of days ago I noticed that my car was slipping. I took it to cottman transmission and they said that the fluid is black there's pressure loss and they think that it's the torque converter so they have to rebuild my transmission for $3500 I just got my car in November it's a 2014 Ford Escape titanium, I am the 2nd owner And I just don't understand how something like this happens it has less than 40000 miles on it so of course it's out of warranty because it's more than 5 years old so is there anything I'm able to do? I Live in colorado.
Thanks so much for any advice.
Brandie

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You could try sourcing a rebuilt transmission yourself- there are a few places that do them; Google "6F35" which is the trans model. Be aware there would be front wheel drive and all wheel drive versions.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
6 Posts
Thank you, I will check it out
A Couple of days ago I noticed that my car was slipping. I took it to cottman transmission and they said that the fluid is black there's pressure loss and they think that it's the torque converter so they have to rebuild my transmission for $3500 I just got my car in November it's a 2014 Ford Escape titanium, I am the 2nd owner And I just don't understand how something like this happens it has less than 40000 miles on it so of course it's out of warranty because it's more than 5 years old so is there anything I'm able to do? I Live in colorado.
Thanks so much for any advice.
Brandie
Unfortunately as someone who also has a 2014 with same diagnosis ( although mine has 153000 miles) i can tell you that after weeks of research 3500 is on the lower end of quotes for this fix. The lowest i have found was 3100 up to 5500 from ford.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I spent $3600 just for a new torque convertor and a new valve body !!
mine is AWD the labor was a killer!!! mine went out last year on the 4th of july 90,000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts