2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
How about details of the part numbers, for those of us getting the cold shoulder from our dealers?

Please?
The hitch is listed on the Ford accessory website for $473. https://accessories.ford.ca/vehicles/escape/2021.html?p=3
I also purchased the trailer light harness kit in that same accessory list. I chose to go Ford factory parts on my new Hybrid so there is no flack on warranty issues. Also, the aftermarket hitch info was a bit weak on details for a hybrid compatible model. I did find a Curt available in Canada, but it sits below the bumper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The hitch is listed on the Ford accessory website for $473. https://accessories.ford.ca/vehicles/escape/2021.html?p=3
I also purchased the trailer light harness kit in that same accessory list. I chose to go Ford factory parts on my new Hybrid so there is no flack on warranty issues. Also, the aftermarket hitch info was a bit weak on details for a hybrid compatible model. I did find a Curt available in Canada, but it sits below the bumper.
Out of curiosity, do you have the hands-free liftgate, and if so, does it still work after installing that hitch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you have the hands-free liftgate, and if so, does it still work after installing that hitch?
I do not have that feature. The instructions say to remove the two sensors and throw them away 😯 so officially no, hands free is not compatible. You have to cut a hole in the black plastic bumper for the receiver just before snapping on the painted trim piece with the cutout in it.
The lower handsfree sensor would have to be removed from its existing channel. They indicate you cut as high as the upper hands free sensor channel, but I expect you could leave it in place. You might be able to MacGyver both sensors back in place in the upper section, but it might not be as sensitive. If you are really brave bend the two sensors into a C shape and place one on each side of the cutout...I'm full of all sorts of ideas when it comes to someone else's car!
I tried to attach PDF files, but it may not have worked...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just joined this forum and was dawn to this discussion. I have a 2021 hybrid without the factory installed hitch. I chose to order the factory hitch from the dealer and just installed it myself. The kit came with a replacement rear insert with the receiver notch. As a result, the centre of my receiver is 15" off the ground. The hitch replaces the steel bumper behind the plastic body. Here is a photo with the leftover pieces.

I can provide more details on the install if you have questions.
Can you list the part number for the hitch you bought that included the rear fascia?

·
Registered
12 Posts
LJ6Z-19D520-AA is what I purchased from Ford Canada and yes, it came with the replacement bumper piece notched out for the hitch.
Nice. I've got a Bronco Sport which, unfortunately and unlike the Escape, doesn't have a rear fascia separate from the bumper. So, if I wanted to add the towing package to the BS I'd have to replace the entire bumper assembly.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts