2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We loved our 2019 Escape SE but the newer updated version was working on both of us. I was skeptical of the 3 cyl engine most of all, but once I drove it, I immediately fell in love. That 1.5L 3cyl engine mated to the new 8 speed transmission is impressive to say the least. At idle it shakes a little bit, but right off idle it is smooth as silk and sounds impressive as the RPMs rise to red line... It's way quicker then our 2019, hands down bar none. Faster 0-60, faster passing from 50-80. Just faster all around and it gets better gas mileage. Amazing with this new technology. I did some research and learned that the Crankshaft is forged along with the connecting rods. Same could be true with our 2019 but I could never find it. Anyhow it's a beast. Plenty of room, rides like a dream. Handles amazing. And is very efficient. Ours came with NAV (I hate factory NAV) and it came with adaptive cruise. So it has the 360+ package on it. It creeps me out a bit on the highway because it will totally drive itself. It centers itself in the lane and will keep you there. After about 10 seconds it will ***** at you to grab the wheel, but it's impressive to say the least. Now time for a few gripes.....no power drivers seat, no center drop down console for the rear passengers, no rear HVAC vents, and no auto power up and down windows. It has power down for the drivers side but no auto power up. So Ford cheaped out a bit, depending on the package you get but it's all worth it. Trust me.. and I have no affiliation with Ford. Here's a few pics of BB, (black beauty). If you have any questions please hit me up. I love to help if I can.
received_846042396339050.jpeg
received_1159632611205738.jpeg
received_335933441419385.jpeg

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Glad you like it. Regarding your comparison with your 2019 Escape...which engine did it have?
If it was anything less than the 2L Ecoboost I can understand the positive comparison with your new car re performance. :)

Reactions: Blizzard

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you like it. Regarding your comparison with your 2019 Escape...which engine did it have?
If it was anything less than the 2L Ecoboost I can understand the positive comparison with your new car re performance. :)
My 2019 had the 1.5l 4 cyl. engine in it. I wish the 2L had been an option on the SE's but it wasn't.

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
2013 Escape Titanium 2.0 4WD Tuxedo Black Metallic — Nav, Pano Roof, Parking Tech Pkg., Full Leather
7 Posts
My 2019 had the 1.5l 4 cyl. engine in it. I wish the 2L had been an option on the SE's but it wasn't.
It’s quite unfortunate. In ‘13, the SE and SEL had the 1.6 standard and the 2.0 optional, and the Titanium had the 2.0 standard. From ‘14-‘17, the SE and Titanium had the 1.6/1.5 standard, with an option for the 2.0 (SEL had been deleted). The S, (‘13-‘19) had the 2.5 and only the 2.5. For a period of time, the SE could be down graded to the 2.5 NA engine, only in FWD. With the reintroduction of the SEL trim in 2018, the option for the 2.0 on SE trims went away, and has continued as such into the new generation of cars, and on the platform mate, the Bronco Sport (2.0 is only optional/standard in highest one/two trim(s)). That was always one of Ford’s advantages, less options based on trim level and more alá carte, similar to FCA/Stellantis. Now they seem to be heading away from that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s quite unfortunate. In ‘13, the SE and SEL had the 1.6 standard and the 2.0 optional, and the Titanium had the 2.0 standard. From ‘14-‘17, the SE and Titanium had the 1.6/1.5 standard, with an option for the 2.0 (SEL had been deleted). The S, (‘13-‘19) had the 2.5 and only the 2.5. For a period of time, the SE could be down graded to the 2.5 NA engine, only in FWD. With the reintroduction of the SEL trim in 2018, the option for the 2.0 on SE trims went away, and has continued as such into the new generation of cars, and on the platform mate, the Bronco Sport (2.0 is only optional/standard in highest one/two trim(s)). That was always one of Ford’s advantages, less options based on trim level and more alá carte, similar to FCA/Stellantis. Now they seem to be heading away from that.
Yeah I totally get it. Basically what it comes down to is taking the good with the bad. And the good on this car exceeds the bad thank goodness. That little engine is the engine that could.....lol....

·
Registered
2019 Ford Escape SE Lightning Blue 4WD
11 Posts
I'm glad you're happy with your upgrade! I had a different experience I thought I'd share. I recently bought a 2019 SE 1.5L that I adore, but when it had to go in for repairs for a while they gave me a 2021 SE as a loaner, and I really didn't like it. They really skimped on the features, and I was shocked how much was missing from the 2021 SE. Climate control, auto up and down windows for all windows, power seat, I felt like the sound system was lacking in power/audio quality, no remote start or app start, and I really feel like my 2019 has more get up and go. At least from a stop, which I find more important. I also am just not personally fond of the new exterior styling. I feel the 2019 looks more truck-ish than car-ish, but that comes down to personal preference.

I think they skimped down on the features to include more standard safety like the auto-high beam lights, lane assist and collision warning system, but I need none of those and would prefer the creature comforts.

I'm fairly sure both my 2019 and the 2021 I had were with no upgrade options, and I'm guessing you can pay more and get the features I'd want in the 2021, but I'm still surprised at the differences in the same trim level. I think the only thing I liked better in the 2021 was the better screen quality for the info-tainment/Android Auto. It's brighter and sharper.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Glad you like it. Congrats!

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE, Oxford White
16 Posts
We loved our 2019 Escape SE but the newer updated version was working on both of us. I was skeptical of the 3 cyl engine most of all, but once I drove it, I immediately fell in love. That 1.5L 3cyl engine mated to the new 8 speed transmission is impressive to say the least. At idle it shakes a little bit, but right off idle it is smooth as silk and sounds impressive as the RPMs rise to red line... It's way quicker then our 2019, hands down bar none. Faster 0-60, faster passing from 50-80. Just faster all around and it gets better gas mileage. Amazing with this new technology. I did some research and learned that the Crankshaft is forged along with the connecting rods. Same could be true with our 2019 but I could never find it. Anyhow it's a beast. Plenty of room, rides like a dream. Handles amazing. And is very efficient. Ours came with NAV (I hate factory NAV) and it came with adaptive cruise. So it has the 360+ package on it. It creeps me out a bit on the highway because it will totally drive itself. It centers itself in the lane and will keep you there. After about 10 seconds it will * at you to grab the wheel, but it's impressive to say the least. Now time for a few gripes.....no power drivers seat, no center drop down console for the rear passengers, no rear HVAC vents, and no auto power up and down windows. It has power down for the drivers side but no auto power up. So Ford cheaped out a bit, depending on the package you get but it's all worth it. Trust me.. and I have no affiliation with Ford. Here's a few pics of BB, (black beauty). If you have any questions please hit me up. I love to help if I can. View attachment 79754 View attachment 79755 View attachment 79756
Nice...I agree 100% on the engine (and geared! tranny); I had a Fiesta 1 liter manual prior to my 1.5 SE. Ford knows 3 cylinder's. If this is ICE's last gasp, then Ford is going out with a !!! with the 1.5 and 2.0 turbo's. My bought off the lot 2020 is exactly the opposite of your's. No Nav or Adaptive Cruise but Power Seat, love the Lumbar but could live with manual movements, Auto Climate but I set mine manually, vents and cup holder's in the back, but who care's, I'm driving,(the dog, however is fascinated with the air vent). Mine also has the 2021 center console, the AGM battery and Alloy Spare (supposedly de-contented 2-20, my unit was built 12/14/20.) If you haven't tried 91 oct., you might give that a try, you definitely get a boost, after all, this is the Euro Fiesta ST engine. My only option was the Cargo Cover which turns out to be a bigger deal than I imagined, difficult to retro fit. Have fun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our 2019 had the 1.5L. It was fine to say 0-50, but after that it fell on it's face big time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts