2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium, 2.0, 4WD
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. I have a smoker mounted on a trailer that I move with my escape occasionally. When I do, the alerts are constantly chiming when I have the car in reverse. I would like to stop that. A bigger issue is when I'm hooking up the trailer. I would like to be able to have the backup camera stay on when I take it out of reverse. I don't need it to stay on constantly, just long enough to adjust the car when I have backed in a little too far to hook up the trailer. I have a 2017 2.0 titanium, equipment group 300A (whatever that is), and the class II trailer tow prep pkg.
Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,767 Posts
When I do, the alerts are constantly chiming when I have the car in reverse.
I think that's a programming issue that requires an option to be updated in the BCM? Do you have the genuine Ford wiring kit- if not that could be another reason?

Reactions: ajef7885

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Pictures please. :)

I have a backyard Pitt's & Spitt's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here ya go Paul
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Road surface
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

I should have mentioned that the trailer has no lights, so it's not plugged in to the car.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
2019 Ford Escape SE with sport appearance package.
6 Posts
My ‘19 Escape has a setting in the menu for the backup camera that says “Delay” I think. Toggle it on and the backup camera will stay on with the transmission in drive until you hit 5mph.

L8R,
Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Matt. I drove a 2022 F250 for a few months earlier this year and it had such a feature. Problem is that I don't remember how to access that menu!

·
Registered
2019 Ford Escape SE with sport appearance package.
6 Posts
On your touchscreen, tap settings. Then go to vehicle. Tap that and you’ll see the camera settings. It’s either on or off for the rear camera delay. Toggle it to On and you should be all set.

L8R,
Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts